Woodland Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Made welcome from the moment we arrived at nearly 11o'clock,at night. Very homely and welcoming, the lady owner treated us as if we were part of the family. Help yourself to whatever you want we were told. Rooms were really comfortable with TV and free wifi and the breakfast next morning could not be faulted. Tasty and cooked fresh to order.
Thanks very much for a great stay. Would definitely stay again. Great value and I recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I don't usually try guest accommodation that does not have En Suite, but I was so pleased that I stayed here. The bathroom was the adjacent door and you are provided with a fluffy white dressing gown to use in your room. When working away from home, sometimes it feel a bit like roulette in terms of what the accommodation and breakfast will be like in the site you have picked, but there was no stress to be had here. The rooms are spacious, a well equipped with new TV's, Wifi and Sky in the Guest Lounge. The food was cooked just for each guest as they wanted and was fresh and tasty. I cannot suggest anything that could be improved, it was perfect and really good value for money. I would not hesitate to return here next time I am working in the area. In a way, you don't' want to tell me people how great the place is, and let the secret out! Many thanks for making me feel so welcome and relaxed after busy days working away from home.:-)

Room Tip: The Front Room on the 1st Floor is very spacious - its a large double with a single bed, perfect for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed staying here. We were there for one night and had the front room with the bay window. It is a gorgeous room and the bed is exceptionally comfortable. It is located on a very quiet street, so no problems with noise at night.

The bathroom is shared facilities, but this was no problem and it is just next to the room, so we certainly didn't have far to go.

Mo made us feel very welcome, and we stored a couple of items in the fridge overnight, which was great as we didn't have to worry about anything spoiling. The full English breakfast in the morning was fantastic!

It is within walking distance of the Darlington rail station, although Mo mentioned that she would have been happy to come pick us up if we had given her a ring.

Room Tip: The room at the front with the bay window is beautiful with lots of light.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Mo is the loveliest host we ever could have wished for. Comfortable room, quiet setting and great being able to prepare our own meals in the kitchen in the evening. Breakfast was great too. We really felt like we were at home.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Lovely friendly owner, beautiful freshly cooked breakfast and a spotlessly clean guesthouse! Definitely would go back and recommend to friends! Would note make sure you google map postcode rather than name of guesthouse aa route planner does not recognise it.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was to be in Darlington on business for a month, and found Woodland listed on Expedia. I have never before seen a listing where every single review, both Expedia and Trip Advisor, was positive, so was slightly sceptical of how things would turn out. The day before I was to arrive Mo rang to ask when I would arrive so she could be there to welcome me. My room was large and comfortable with a ample storage space and a little table for my laptop. The cable TV package was good, there were a row of sockets for me to charge laptop and phones simultaneously, with an adaptor provided (very useful for me). Breakfast was superb, and Mo happily served it even on the days I had to leave by7am. I had full run of the lounge, dining room and kitchen throughout the day; Mo provided space in the fridge and kitchen cupboard, and use of the washing machine.
Definitely the place to stay if in the region

Room Tip: If single the first floor middle room is ideal; if 2 or 3 the front room is excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

we had a wonderful relaxing and enjoyable stay this weekend. Mo made us feel very welcome and the breakfast was excellent. We will be recommending this hidden gem to family and friends as a place to really feel at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family