Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel
US$74
US$82
US$74
US$54
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$111
PremierInn.com
Rockliffe Hall(Hurworth-on-Tees)
US$276
Hotwire.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscar parktown centrenice hotelsunday lunchironing boardcentral locationafternoon teawould stay againsandwichescomfy bedcocktail barstayed for one nightcouldn't faultfull englishcooked breakfastevening mealcorridor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2013

As a regular Mecure guest, elements of this hotel were very good in comparison to others but other bits made let it down.
They have a small underground car park, but this gets filled quickly. the interior stairwell is bit of pain carrying bags up to the reception - you can walk out of the car ark and up the hill.
Reception greeting was fine, but no favours of an upgrade against my priviledge card they even refused to add loyalty points as the booking was made through an agent - my company books through the same agent every time and I always get points.
The room I was allocated was way up along many corridors and stairwells and two lifts! - the layout of this hotel is very complex and not all guest friendly.
the room was fairly compact, though decently enough appointed - big gripe no aircon!
I discovered that the hotel had been recently refurbished after a fire - the decor is excellent and to a good standard.
The breakfast was good and not a buffet kept warm - freshly ordered!
Checkout OK
On the whole not bad - but weird layout, small room, no aircon and unco-operative over loyalty points - will think twice about booking here again - not much going on in Darlington on a Monday night and will probably look elsewhere in future

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast and the design of the hotel.
We do have an interesting layout in the Victorian section which dates back to 1893 but feel this adds to our character. We will always add Le club loyalty points but they are not valid when booked through a third party internet booking site. If you email me your details I will have them added to your account. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

I didnt actually stay at the hotel but felt so disappointed by the food at the christmas party night i had to comment.

Honestly would've been better off at wetherspoons. Turkey and whatever was on it sucked all moisture from your mouth.

Desert was ok, starter also wasn't up to much. Over priced and lacking in quality.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank davidgmmafan
Dale N, General Manager at Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

Kindest of regards

Mercure Darlington Team

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Third floor overlooking the Main Street........ Is like sleeping in a car on the A1. Your hear every engine at is accelerates up the hill through the tunnel......

Room ok..rooms are hot boxes
.. Bathroom ok...... Double glazing rubbish.

Hotel should look at triple glazing and air conditioning.

Resturaunt food ok

Ear plugs required

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Dale N, General Manager at Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for completing your review of your recent stay with us.
I am sorry you were disturbed by external noise on this occasion. Please let me know when you book again and we will allocate you a room away from the street.Thank you once again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My fiancé and I recently stayed at the Mercure Darlington Kings hotel, as we were attending a friends 30th. From the moment we arrived we were given such a warm welcome and were looked after till the time we left. The hotel was clean and very comfortable. It was nice to spend time in the bar having cocktails and the food via room service late at night was just what we needed.
Its in a greta location, lots of pubs, bars, restaurnts and shops all in walking distance.
I would highly recommend to stay there and I would rebook if I ever found myself in Darlington again

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank moodynu
Dale N, General Manager at Mercure Darlington Kings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Many thanks for reviewing our hotel. I am delighted the staff were so welcoming throughout your stay and so pleased you had an enjoyable time at the 3oth Birthday party event. Thank you for recommending us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed overnight having completed the nearby Krypton Factor that day. Really surprised by high quality of hotel. Staff at reception very welcoming. Room had nice shower, big TV and free wifi. Bar has happy hour in the early evenings. Also ordered some food in the bar, really good if a little long in coming.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I am delighted you had such a pleasant stay and found our reception staff to be so friendly.
I am so pleased that your enjoyed the happy hour and your meal in the lounge bar but apologise for the delay in serving you.