“I'll be back!!”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
warwickshire
“I'll be back!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Good location, friendly welcome. My second visit - all as good as the first time. Room nicely decorated and bathroom clean and modern. No complaints

• Stayed April 2012
Scott D, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear aviview
Thank you for your recent visit to Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington and for posting a review on our services. As a hotel we pride ourselves on offering the highest levels customer care to make our guests want to return time and time again, and I am delighted we excelled on both occassions to make us your preferred choice of hotel.......that in itself is the best praise indeed! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Scott Davidson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Darlington
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We booked the Wilbur Suite for a function and it went very smoothly indeed. The staff were helpful and seemed to anticipate our questions before we even asked. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The event was a success and I attribute this to the help and suggestions from Jade and her colleagues. I cannot comment on the hotel itself as we did not stay, but the function room, food and all the staff were first rate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AudreyL73
Dear AudreyL73
Thank you for choosing Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington for your recent function and for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased to read that the event was a success and that our standards of customer care and service were enjoyed by all, both prior to the event in planning from Jade our Events Manager to the day itself when you said the team on the day excelled. I do hope you will return soon for another family celebration and maybe next time treat yourself to an overnight stay and enjoy the hotel facilities in full!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for a weekend for our friends' wedding which was in a nearby village. The service was always friendly and professional. There is parking and it takes five minutes to walk into town.
We had dinner there one evening- the standard of food and service was high, and the three-course menu was good value at about £17. Wine was expensive at £22 a bottle.
One word of warning- the hotel list swimming pool, sauna, steam room and gym as facilities. These facilities are lovely but be aware that they are a 5 minute drive or 20 minute walk away.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Zoe23
Dear Zoe23
Thank you for choosing Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington for your visit to the region for your friend's wedding and for taking the time to write a review. I am plesed you found all staff 'friendly and professional' and that you felt our service overall was 'excellent' I will pass your knid words onto all members of the team. I appreciate your comment about the Health Club being a short distance away from the hotel, however the facilities are second to none and well worth making the short journey. I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and found our standards very high, maybe next time just go for our 'house wine' which is excellent quality but only £16.75 a bottle so great value for money! We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed here with my Husband while visiting relatives on Friday night. Check-in was smooth and the girl on the Front Desk was lovely and we upgraded to a Suite. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. Bathroom large and shower was amazing. We booked a meal and have to say the steak was one of the best l have ever had and l have eaten all over the world. The Staff at the Hotel were on the ball and service was quick. There was always a smile from them and the Hotel should be very proud of their team. I will be back to stay here again as l have not one negative to say about the place. Many Thanks.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandy l
Dear MandyI
Thank you for your recent visit to Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington and for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay immensley and I thank you for praising the team. As you rightly said we are very proud of all the staff and the fact that they constantly deliver the high level of customer care you experienced. The Chef is particularly pleased that you thought his steak was one of the best in the world...praise indeed!!! I am delighted you will be coming back to the Hotel when you are next in the area and we all look forward to welcoming you again.
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Rooms a little basic, broken window blind so that it couldn't be closed properly & even had a missing slat, so street lighting poured in. No dressing table, so not so convenient for my partner.
Conflicting times for breakfast service, told it finished at 10.00 by reception staff on check-in, but 09.45 by breakfast staff. Started clearing dinning room whilst still eating breakfast, gives an impression of wanting you out as soon as possible, so not very relaxing, unlikely to go back.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Clarinetman
Scott D, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Clairetman
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bannatyne Hotel during your visit to Darlington and for taking the time to provide a review. May I apologise for the disappointments within your bedroom which I have addressed immediately with our Housekeeper. We do a regular audit of all our bedrooms and a refurbishment procedure is in operation year round and I thank you for bringing these issues for my immediate attention to rectify. In regard to the differeing breakfast times, I will speak to the Restaurant team and reiterate that all staff adhere to the advertised breakfast time of service till 10am. We have had a recent influx of new team members and I thank you for identifying this training need. In regard to the issue of staff clearing around you at breakfast service, I have spoke to the team who have stated that any clearing is only to keep the restaurant tidy on a busy and bustling weekend and to clear and reset tables quickly and efficently for other diners, and I can assure you is not intended to make you feel hurried. Once again thank you for your constructive comments and I do hope we could look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Lovely building yes, good bar, good menu.
Difficult access to rooms as lifts don't access all floors, 3 flights of stairs to my room with luggage. Yes assistance offered but unaware of the mission when declined. No offer back to reception when checking out either. Appreciate internal modification planning issues but must be addressed with better customer care, ie we will bring your luggage and we will collect it.
Trouser press was broken and ironing board bent legs so preparation for following day more challenging than should have been.

Room Tip: lift access or ground floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Scott D, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear Simon_Oe
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bannatyne Hotel during your visit to Darlington and for taking the time to provide a review. May I apologise for the trouser press being faulty and the ironing board being in a poor state of repair, I have addressed this immediately with my Housekeeper and performed a maintenance check on all our bedroom equipment. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. In regard to your comments for luggage assistance being 'automatic', this is a service offered by many hotels, however by those of a standard whereby they openly advertise 'concierge' as one of their hotel facilities. I am however glad to hear we 'offered' luggage assistance as is our standard of customer care, and following your comments I will review the business to see if this could become a standard within Bannatyne Hotel. Thank you for your constructive feedback.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2012

lovely warm welcome by receptionist on arrival. Arrived early at 1pm and receptionist even offered to juggle rooms round so we could check in early which we didnt need but thanked her anyway. Fabulous Grade 2 building full of warmth and charactor. Breakfast was good and of a good quality. Asked for poached eggs which was accommodated with no trouble. Room was lovely and cosy. One of the only a handful of hotels that we have stayed in where the staff ..and I mean all the staff were so pleasant and polite even on the Saturday night when the hotel was very busy. Well done . Will defintely be seeing you again !

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Scott D, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear redlinda
Thank you for choosing to stay at Bannatyne Hotel during your visit to Darlington and for taking the time to provide a review. May I thank you for your very kind words in regard to our service and standards, in particular your words of praise in relation to our staff being so pleasant and polite. I am delighted we made you feel so welcome and comfortable and I can assure you I will pass your thanks onto all management and staff. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer care and I am pleased to hear that you would return again, we all look forward to welcoming you back to Bannatyne Hotel very soon.
Scott Davidson - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlington
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth

Been to The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington? Share your experiences!