The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington
US$77
US$74
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$61
Orbitz.com
US$80
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
US$84
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewswilbur suitespa breakhealth clubwedding receptionrelaxation roombridal suitetown centrewedding guestswedding breakfastevery member of stafffunction roomcourse meallovely hotelstaff were excellenthotel restaurantminute drivewedding venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stopped over on our way home from Northumberland, and were impressed with the quality of friendly efficient staff, their level of service was very high, and enjoyed a splendid meal in Maxins restaurant for dinner. Wish more hotels were as good at staff selection to this high standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear LindaB

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed such fantastic customer service and food quality.

Thank you for your special mention of Leanne, our new Reception Manager. Leanne has been with us for just over a month and is already proving to be a great asset to the team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was a guest at a friend's wedding reception here on Saturday and it was such a lovely day.
The hotel itself is such a pretty building with nice grounds, such lovely surroundings for a wedding. Both of the function rooms that were used were perfect for the occasion.
The staff here were amazing, they were very attentive with quick service and made sure everything ran smoothly.
The room we stayed in was nice, a standard double room, perfect for our stay.

What a lovely weekend we had, we will certainly be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear MRSTEMP

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Hotel.
I am delighted that you had such a wonderful time attending your friend's wedding. I am so pleased that you found the staff to be so attentive and that the Wilbur Suite and Maxine's restaurant, provided the perfect backdrop for the event.
How lovely to extend the experience by staying over in one of our beautiful bedrooms.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to Bannatynes on several occasions, for meals, private functions and I've also attended courses there. My most recent visit was this weekend for a friends wedding. The hotel is fantastic, from the friendly and helpful staff, both out front and behind the scenes, to the gorgeous choice of food. The gardens at the back of the hotel are so beautiful and a perfect setting in summer for a light bite to eat or a few drinks! Not to be missed!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear mberry2014

I was delighted to read your review following your recent attendance at your friends wedding, at the Hotel.
Weddings are a wonderful part of our business and all the staff enjoy being a part of such special days and I am pleased that this comes across in the service they provide.
As a regular visitor to the hotel, I am delighted that you have enjoyed consistently high standards of food quality and service.
Thank you, also for the mention of our wonderful gardens, they certainly a treat on a sunny evening.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've been staying at the hotel with work for the past 7 weeks now and I can honestly say everything about the place has been fantastic.

From the staff to the food and hotel itself, Bannatyne Hotel hasn't put a foot wrong. I'd particularly like to say thanks to Tom the night porter who was excellent.

I will definitely be recommending it to colleagues and friends alike.

• Stayed: May 2014
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear James S

I was delighted to read your feedback regarding your extended stay with us. To know that you have enjoyed consistently high standards throughout your stay, is very rewarding for us.

Thank you for your special mention of Tom, our night porter. Tom is relatively new to the team and has already become a great asset to us, I look forward to sharing this feedback with him.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had business in Catterick and always seem to struggle to find a good hotel to stay at. Well the search is over 25mins gets me to the Bannatyne and what a smashing little hotel it is. Staff are super friendly, hotel is small and pleasant, room was perfectly OK with a properly functioning TV. If you stay you get temporary membership at the Bannatyne Gym, this is a 5 min drive but is state of the art and a pleasure to use.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Mike C

I am delighted that we have been able to end your search for a good hotel. I am pleased that during your first stay with us you have enjoyed our friendly service, well appointed room and complimentary use of the state of the art facilities at Bannatyne Health Club, Darlington.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our 'smashing' hotel and now that you've found us, we hope to see you again very soon.