The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington
US$196
US$63
US$57
US$50
Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel(Walworth)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$74
US$89
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Darlington Hotel(Darlington)(Great Value!)
US$52
Travelodge
Rockliffe Hall(Hurworth-on-Tees)
Hotels.com
St George Hotel(Darlington)
Hotels.com
All reviewswilbur suitespa breakhealth clubwedding receptionrelaxation roombridal suitetown centrewedding guestswedding breakfastevery member of stafffunction roomcourse meallovely hotelstaff were excellenthotel restaurantminute drivewedding venue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night in a junior suite which was lovely.
It was nicely decorated and clean. The staff were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
We had breakfast included, there was lots of choice and it was brought to our room as requested, hot and cooked well.
I would recommend this hotel, and will definitely be staying again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Galshore

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished Junior Suites and found all the staff to be so friendly and helpful.

How lovely to make the most of your break away by having breakfast in bed too.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope your next stay will warrant a 5* review.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at this venue and we were highly delighted. The venue is everything we wanted and the staff were excellent. We stayed here for three nights and the rooms are spacious and modern. Bridal suite is gorgeous, we would advise you to visit if your planning a wedding. Many thanks to all staff, Jade, George, Karen and Leisha plus all the others that made our day so special.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear daibhidh P

I really do appreciate the time taken to share your feedback following your perfect wedding at the hotel. I am thrilled that you are 'highly delighted' with how the day went and we so much enjoy hosting, such beautiful days here.

I am pleased you were able to stay for three nights and really make the most of this special time.

Thank you for your special mention of the staff involved in your day, I look forward to sharing this feedback with them.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we were looking for a wedding venue we had a lot of big country house types to choose from, but the minute I took my fiance to Bannatyne he knew that was the place we would get married - It felt like home. Not too big that you feel swallowed up, not so small you can't have everyone you want, and only one wedding each day. Perfect. And our decision was cemented when we met the staff. I've never come across a team so in tune and well put together as the staff here. From Jade who planned everything for us, through to Andrea and the service team who made sure the day went off without a hitch. The manager should be proud of the team she has.

In the lead up to the wedding nothing was too much trouble and communication was excellent. On the day, well, they surpassed themselves. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff we calm and helpful. We had a minor issue with our singer not turning up and the hotel went above and beyond by offering me a member of staff - Gary - who sings with his guitar, who learned the song we wanted on the day and sang it brilliantly. We were so grateful. They even set up TV's with Skype as my Mum in France and friend in Australia couldn't make it.

We can't recommend the hotel highly enough to anyone looking for perfect personal service, amazing food and a quality night's sleep in the 4 poster!

I know this probably sounds too good to be true, but some of my guests have also done great reviews on here, several completed the comment cards at the hotel with similar stories and everyone told me it was just about the best wedding they'd been to. That is down to the Bannatyne team.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear MRSLCH2014

Wow! Thank you so much for this thoughtful and complimentary review following your special day here.

Your words mean so much to us, as did the beautiful letter you sent in to us here, brought a tear to a few eyes.

Your wedding was a delight to be a part of and I am so pleased we were able to come to the rescue with your ceremony music. I am incredibly proud of the team working here and I am thrilled that you had excellent experiences when working with Jade and Andrea, they truly are exceptional in their roles.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and got a 'cheap' offer. The hotel is lovely and staff very friendly. The room was small but good. There was no water in the room and there was also an iron burn mark in the carpet which was such a shame as they was all my eye was drawn to. Overall though I would recommend it!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Kayjayrly

I am pleased that you found our Hotel to be 'lovely' and great value for money, as you were able to take advantage of one of our great promotions.

We offer a range of bedrooms, each varying in size, decor and facilities. Our Executive rooms and Junior Suites, offer some additional extras such as bathrobes, slippers, fruit and bottled water. Why not opt for one of our very reasonably priced upgrades on your next stay.

I am sorry for the burn mark on the carpet. Ironing boards are always available, so I cannot explain why a previous guest would choose to use the floor, instead of an ironing board, needless to say we are working to rectify the issue.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding lovely bedroom couldn't fault it staff were very nice would defiantly recommend it and stay again breakfast was really nice not a greasy fry up it was all lovely couldn't fault it

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Annep190832

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your stay at the hotel, as part of a wedding celebration.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your room, experienced great service and that you would recommend us to other travellers.

Having read your review and to know that you 'couldn't fault it' I am curious as to why only a 4 star review. If there were any elements of your stay that you were not happy with, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will investigate these for you.