“It will not disappoint!”

The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
Durham
“It will not disappoint!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

I recently had my wedding at this beautiful venue last month. I'm so pleased I choose this hotel as it did not disappoint. From my first meeting with the lovely Jade to my hand over meeting with Vicky. In my last meetingI had asked for the red carpet to be outside, for when I arrived from church if the weather was dry. And unfortunately I had rain, VERY bad rain. So i was in total shock when they still put it out for me and our guests regardless of the weather.This touched me as Vicky knew I really wanted this. I can't thank the staff enough for all there hard work they defiantly work very hard but still manage to have a smile on there face. I've just got my pictures back and Bannatyne's offers the perfect back drop from the gorgeous entrance to the beautiful lawn with the pavilion. Please take a look at this hotel if you are thinking of booking your wedding in the future it will not disappoint. Thank you again

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Yorklinz
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Yorklinz

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your lovely feedback following your stunning wedding at the Hotel.

Weddings bring us so much pleasure, I am thrilled that our passion and enjoyment comes across in the service that we provide. We are so fortunate to have a team of consummate professionals, here to deliver exactly what each couple want and I am delighted this was your experience.

Thank you for your recommendation of the venue for other brides, it is appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lucy Readshaw, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Leeds
Reviewed 15 June 2014

10 of us have just returned from a weekend break and apart from the drinks being on the expensive side and the rooms being too hot the hotel and staff were amazing. The hotel is a lovely old building and the staff couldnt do enough for you. Will definitely be returning. The location is great for walking into the centre of Darlington. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sandk42

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent group stay with us.
I am delighted you chose Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington for your stay and I am thrilled that you found the hotel and the staff to be 'amazing'.

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Sale,Manchester
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Went for a wedding sat 14th June and was a great day, staff were ace and nothing was too much of a problem, great day and a really good hotel, may be a little bit more expensive than others...maybe...at a stretch but even if it is you get what you pay for...will stay there again without a doubt....gotta say Emily I think she was called serving at the bbq has to be one of the friendliest members of staff encountered anywhere, she needs promotion! Great hotel thanks for the great service
Rob brearley

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Rob-Brearley

Thank you so much for your glowing review following your stay here as a wedding guest. I am thrilled with your feedback and look forward to sharing it with the team, especially Emily.
I am so delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your visit and that you will be returning again.

Thank you again for your feedback and we are all so pleased that Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington is the 'best hotel' you've stayed in.

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night in a junior suite which was lovely.
It was nicely decorated and clean. The staff were friendly, welcoming and very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
We had breakfast included, there was lots of choice and it was brought to our room as requested, hot and cooked well.
I would recommend this hotel, and will definitely be staying again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Galshore

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished Junior Suites and found all the staff to be so friendly and helpful.

How lovely to make the most of your break away by having breakfast in bed too.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hope your next stay will warrant a 5* review.

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding at this venue and we were highly delighted. The venue is everything we wanted and the staff were excellent. We stayed here for three nights and the rooms are spacious and modern. Bridal suite is gorgeous, we would advise you to visit if your planning a wedding. Many thanks to all staff, Jade, George, Karen and Leisha plus all the others that made our day so special.

Stayed June 2014
Dear daibhidh P

I really do appreciate the time taken to share your feedback following your perfect wedding at the hotel. I am thrilled that you are 'highly delighted' with how the day went and we so much enjoy hosting, such beautiful days here.

I am pleased you were able to stay for three nights and really make the most of this special time.

Thank you for your special mention of the staff involved in your day, I look forward to sharing this feedback with them.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we were looking for a wedding venue we had a lot of big country house types to choose from, but the minute I took my fiance to Bannatyne he knew that was the place we would get married - It felt like home. Not too big that you feel swallowed up, not so small you can't have everyone you want, and only one wedding each day. Perfect. And our decision was cemented when we met the staff. I've never come across a team so in tune and well put together as the staff here. From Jade who planned everything for us, through to Andrea and the service team who made sure the day went off without a hitch. The manager should be proud of the team she has.

In the lead up to the wedding nothing was too much trouble and communication was excellent. On the day, well, they surpassed themselves. Nothing was too much trouble, the staff we calm and helpful. We had a minor issue with our singer not turning up and the hotel went above and beyond by offering me a member of staff - Gary - who sings with his guitar, who learned the song we wanted on the day and sang it brilliantly. We were so grateful. They even set up TV's with Skype as my Mum in France and friend in Australia couldn't make it.

We can't recommend the hotel highly enough to anyone looking for perfect personal service, amazing food and a quality night's sleep in the 4 poster!

I know this probably sounds too good to be true, but some of my guests have also done great reviews on here, several completed the comment cards at the hotel with similar stories and everyone told me it was just about the best wedding they'd been to. That is down to the Bannatyne team.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear MRSLCH2014

Wow! Thank you so much for this thoughtful and complimentary review following your special day here.

Your words mean so much to us, as did the beautiful letter you sent in to us here, brought a tear to a few eyes.

Your wedding was a delight to be a part of and I am so pleased we were able to come to the rescue with your ceremony music. I am incredibly proud of the team working here and I am thrilled that you had excellent experiences when working with Jade and Andrea, they truly are exceptional in their roles.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

England
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night and got a 'cheap' offer. The hotel is lovely and staff very friendly. The room was small but good. There was no water in the room and there was also an iron burn mark in the carpet which was such a shame as they was all my eye was drawn to. Overall though I would recommend it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Kayjayrly

I am pleased that you found our Hotel to be 'lovely' and great value for money, as you were able to take advantage of one of our great promotions.

We offer a range of bedrooms, each varying in size, decor and facilities. Our Executive rooms and Junior Suites, offer some additional extras such as bathrobes, slippers, fruit and bottled water. Why not opt for one of our very reasonably priced upgrades on your next stay.

I am sorry for the burn mark on the carpet. Ironing boards are always available, so I cannot explain why a previous guest would choose to use the floor, instead of an ironing board, needless to say we are working to rectify the issue.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Lucy Readshaw, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlington
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth

Been to The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington? Share your experiences!