“Fabulous”

The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Darlington
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

I attended a friends wedding a couple of months ago and everything about the day was amazing, they certainly picked the most beautiful venue. Everything about the hotel and function room was just perfect and the staff were amazing too, so helpful, polite and always smiling.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Domino 16

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the hotel, as a wedding guest.
I am thrilled that you found the hotel, food and service to be of such a high standard.

Our beautiful Wilbur Suite certainly does provide the most tasteful and elegant setting for any wedding....indeed any function.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Middlesbrough, UK
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a spa break with a friend at Bannatynes and it was a brilliant break and excellent value for money. Every member of staff we came across was friendly and genuine and made us feel very welcome. The treatments at the spa were excellent. The evening meal in the hotel was very good and the breakfast one of the nicest I've had in a hotel. Will definitely go back and would recommend this hotel and spa to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CODonnell65

Thank you for choosing Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington for your recent Spa Break.
I am delighted that you both had such an amazing time here, enjoying the hotel, the treatments, our friendly customer service and not forgetting our excellent hearty breakfast.

I am so pleased that you found your stay to represent great value for money and we hope you can make it a regular treat so that we see you again soon.

York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Nice building, clean rooms, decent breakfast but the highlight was the very friendly and accommodating staff. We had a small issue with the electrics in our room but this was dealt with quickly, in a friendly and competent manner.

On the downside the soundproofing between the rooms isn't the greatest - at one point my wife and I were convinced someone was using our bathroom - and the car parking is somewhat limited. Overall, though I would have no hesitation in staying here again if visiting Darlington. It's about 3 minutes walk to "number twenty 2" the best pub in town, and a further 2 or 3 minutes walk to the centre of town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Neil B

I was pleased to read your review and to learn that you were happy with so many aspects of your stay, including the building, bedrooms and breakfast offering.
I look forward to sharing your lovely feedback regarding the staff and the service they provided to you during your stay, with the team.

Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Have attended this hotel 3 times in as many months for meals with various friends and each time we have been very impressed with the standard of the food which was outstanding and consistently good on each occasion. However, the thing which stood out the most was the standard of service from the wonderful staff serving behind the bar and in the restaurant, They are all fairly young but it was obvious that they have received professional training and this showed in the way they presented themselves. We hope to return soon and have recommended this hotel to relatives, friends and work colleagues. Well done and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Review only based on using restaurant but would recommend staying here based on good experiences in...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jay Z
Dear Jay Z

I really appreciate the time you have taken to share your lovely feedback regarding the high standard of food and service, that you have enjoyed on a regular basis at Maxine's, our in house restaurant.

I am very proud of the team at the hotel and I am delighted that our passion for what we do and our high standards of training, are evident in the service we provide.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

As a frequent visitor to this hotel, I can only commend the staff on their continued excellent customer service. The staff are the reason I continue to use the hotel, as it is quite shabby in places. Some of the rooms are quite noisy too, so ask for a high floor on the opposite side to the rear car park, as this is where the beer barrels are delivered to.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Jayne451

Thank you for your kind words regarding the high standard of customer service that you consistently receive at the hotel, I look forward to sharing this feedback with the team.

We operate an annual redecoration and maintenance program at the hotel and I am proud of the work we have completed so far and I am sure, as a returning guest, that you will see and enjoy the number of improvements that we have planned for the rest of the year.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My friend and I went on a girlie spa break and I cannot praise it enough. The hotel was superb, the staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble and smiling faces everywhere. The food was superb, from breakfast to afternoon tea to dinner everything was perfection. The rooms and indeed all the hotel was lovely with lots of little extra touches which made everything special. I cannot praise the hotel enough it was superb. The spa was just as good with the same high standards everywhere. Keep up the good work Mr Bannatyne you have some excellent people working for you. Thank You.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lucy R, General Manager at The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Audreycarol

Thank you for choosing Bannatyne Hotel, Darlington for your 'girlie spa break'. I am delighted that you both had such a lovely time and found the hotel to be 'superb'.

Thank you for your special mention of the staff and the friendly service they provided to you, I look forward to sharing this feedback with them.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope you make your 'girlie spa break' a regular treat.

Willaston
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on business trip to Darlington. As ever standards very high and had a comfortable stay (despite a failure of the hot water system during the night meaning no hot shower in morning). After checking in colleague and I decided to stretch our legs and take a walk into Darlington and where we ate dinner at a local restaurant. In hindsight, I should have insisted we return to eat in Maxine's restaurant as from previous experience, I know quality to be very good. Next time! We did return to Maxine's bar however and sampled a few of the excellent selection of single malts accompanied by a wonderful cheese selection (well it was my birthday!). Breakfast the following morning was as expected and as good as you'll find anywhere. Staff in all departments friendly and efficient. Only slight gripe was I expected to be offered some form of compensation for no hot water when I checked out (especially as I had bought shares in a distillery the night before :-) ) but receptionist suggested I write to GM as she couldn't offer anything herself. However failure of hot water system outside control of hotel and overall experience still deserves excellent rating.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear SAHWillaston

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your stay with us and may I take this opportunity to offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by our lack of hot water and to thank you for your understanding. The fault has been identified and rectified and normal service has resumed.

I am so pleased that you have enjoyed your stays here and that you have been impressed with your dining experiences previously, including our excellent breakfast offering.

I am thrilled you were pleased with our extensive selection of spirits and that our cheese board was the perfect accompaniment.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to arrange your next stay and as I would be delighted to oversee this booking for you.

Lucy Readshaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlington
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurworth-on-Tees
Redworth Hall Hotel
Redworth Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Redworth

Been to The Bannatyne Hotel Darlington? Share your experiences!