“Very good food, a little expensive”

Robineau Cafe & Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Darlington
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a trained team of chefs and pastry chefs cooking delicious food with great ingredients, serving it in a relaxed but smart restaurant. You also have the option of taking both savoury dishes and a large choice of patisserie and bakery goods away with you from our shop.
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The food here is very good for a small patisserie café. I had Thai green curry and white crab risotto and the flavours worked very well together and the rice was cooked perfectly. The service was very friendly but a little slow (had to ask several times for the bill and were in a bit of a hurry). The décor is nice and classic/shabby chic which is becoming more popular these days work really well in the building. To summarise, great food, nice setting, service was good but room for improvement and prices a little high for what you get.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Called in for a lunch with my family. I had the soup and sandwich which was yummy! My family had the burger and risotto which they said was delicious. We had fruit tarts for desert and were charged extra for cream. We were also mistakenly charged for a rump of beef and bottle of prosecco which we did not have but that was sorted out by staff with no problem. Overall the food was lovely so I would visit again.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Took partner and his Mum to Robineau on Saturday after it had been recommended us to go. Even though it was miserable weather, we were not disappointed. Great coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cakes. We are going to book one of their themed evenings. Definitely going to return.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I've been to Robineau today with my mam as a little treat for afternoon tea. I found the staff to be extremely helpful and very polite!! The afternoon tea itself was amazing!!! Especially the cake selection and the passion fruit curd for the scones. Would definitely return to try some more of the beautiful cakes and am looking forward to introducing my friends to robineau.

1  Thank Lynsey05
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have just returned from Robineau's Café where I had a most delightful lunch. I had the ham hock terrine to start, followed by roasted dover sole and a black forest gateaux to finish.
I have had ham hock terrines many times in other restaurants, and this may sound strange, but this is the first one I have had in a long time where you could taste the ham!
The dover sole with caper sauce was delicious from the first mouthful. Served with hand cut chips and a saffron mayonnaise it really was an ideal lunch main.
My luncheon partner persuaded me to have a dessert which I told myself that I would only have a little. My taste buds had other ideas. The black forest gateaux was simply irresistible.
My guest was of the same opinion as I was when she agreed that the food was fantastic!
I know some people complain about the price but I have always been of the opinion that you get what you pay for and I was more than happy to pay for the lunches served to me today.
Thank you.