“It's good but needs improving...”
Review of Adventure Point

Adventure Point
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

I have been using this place for a couple of years now so pretty used to the annual fee (although be carful as charged twice one year) and the adult prices to get in a bit of a bind. For me it's worth the money...the place is clean and you can spend all day in there if you wish (no time restriction). I actually think the food is pretty good and prices reasonable; although twice ordered chips and these have been cold.

I agree that they need to add more: big space but more attractions/play equipment needed now beeded. The staff have always been okay with us, although having read the other reviews it sounds like the managers need to pull there fingers out to stop the bad customer service. Also used to see staff cleaning the area in sections....never seen this happen for a while now (place is clean though).

For now a good place and worth it.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had my daughters 5th part here. Female manager was up most friendly and helpful! Kids having a brilliant time until we went into extras party room for cake & food young kid lead the party for us. Very unprofessional didn't want to be there actually threw spoons at the kids across the table.
Blasted out music during the whole dinner which we was not able to turn down.
Hubby went straight to management to complain and he was served with a warning. Cocky kid came out the office with a huge grin on his face.
Great place but never having another party there with staff like that!

2  Thank Lucy L
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Came for the first time with my little boy. Upon entry after joining I was given a token which entitled me to a cup of coffee and a biscuit and some juice for the little one. We took part in one of the daily petting sessions and got to hold a guinea pig and the rabbits. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience. The staff were lovely and polite and very helpful. Will definitely be returning. Thankyou :-)

1  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We used to go to Adventure Point regularly as a change from the soft-play in the Dolphin Centre. My kids thought it was okay, but despite the huge size of the place, there isn't a lot of equipment - they could do so much more with the place. I find it quite expensive, and there is a ridiculous membership fee which we seemed to always be paying (it is annual). I also don't agree with adults having to pay admission - the amount of money they make on numerous drinks, snacks and food purchased should really mean that it is free for adults. The food was okay, nothing special, and a little pricey. Coffee was good, and the cakes freshly baked and delicious. At busy times, there were not enough staff on at the food/coffee ordering bar, and the queue was often very long. All in all, it is not a bad place. There is loads of room for the kids to run around, but its price is a little off-putting.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have booked my children's parties here for the last three years. We booked a party for my sons 5th birthday, upon arrival all seemed fine....we had to move the tables together as my party tables were all spread out..this was easily fixed! Then my sons guests started to arrive! One of the little girls took a bottle of water out of the fridge and the manager came over demanding that someone pay for it...after she had approached the child first in an appalling manner! I quickly offered to pay for this and said that this was an irrational way to deal with a bottle of water that cost a pound! Bearing in mind that they already knew what had happened to my sons party bags that I had taken with me to give out! The staff gave my sons party bags to another party, something I wasn't told about until it was time for my child's guests to leave! I was asked during the time when we were singing happy birthday to my son to come and quickly settle my bill! This upset me and I told then I would do once I had sang happy birthday to my child! After I settled my bill the manager then approached my mum not me and told her that my sons party bags had been given away to another party! She then asked if I could maybe give what we had left to the children and leave the others! Not likely! After 45 mins of her asking me to find a solution..I told her that this was not my
Mistake and they should fix it and not expect me to! The manager then had a young lad approach me to apologise knowing that he was not at fault! Chris is lovely and I had sang his praises from him doing my previous parties! Something she knew and thought I would go easier on him! Disgusting! I had to ask for more juice for the children..still waiting...there wasn't enough food to go round the children and they had to have extra pudding! I did get a 50% refund but have sought legal advice and been told to go for a 100% refund! As the service wasn't provided that I paid for! I wouldn't go again as they are greedy and horrible! Stay away and DO NOT book a party here! Vile people!

9  Thank carolvilly