“Amazing hospitality”

Greenbank Hotel
Greenbank Hotel
Ranked #6 of 19 Darlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Giving my five star rating I am not saying Greenbank is a five star establishment, but the effort, attention to detail, value and the hospitality of the owners was faultless and certainly deserves five stars.
I had a most fabulous themed room, very spacious (not all rooms are the same size) and the bath/shower was clean and hot water on tap whenever. Bed was very comfy and linen fresh.

The homey hotel is a real museum to Napoleon - very interesting and fantastic artefacts especially in the bar, whether or not you like that kind of thing it is fascinating!
Breakfast was supreme; not a speck of grease on the plate and the choice, whether scrambled egg and salmon or 'The Full Monty' English was presented swiftly and beautifully cooked.

I will definitely be back and would recommend this place as brilliant value with attentive hosts who will do anything you need, Free wifi and easy street parking. Short stroll to town centre.

Room Tip: Go for the penthouse themed room!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank SussexVoyager2

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Only stayed for one night but couldn't have been made more welcome. Steve & Michelle are excellent hosts. The secure motorcycle parking was one of my reasons and Steve even supplied a large tarpaulin to ensure my bike stayed dry incase any of the forecast rain arrived.

The hotel is basic but most importantly clean. I upgraded to one of their feature rooms and for the money excellent value for the size of room. My stay was completed in style with an excellent full English breakfast cooked to order by Steve.

All going well I'll be booking in again same time next year, if not before.........

Room Tip: Spend the extra £6 and go for one of the feature rooms, well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DundeeBob
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Greenbank Hotel whilst my partner took part in The Great North Run and I can honestly say, I loved my time there. As we were travelling up from London, we weren't sure on timings, but the couple who run the hotel were so understanding. We were shown our very clean room straight away and had lovely fresh towels to shower with.

You have all the things you need (accept for a hairdryer, which I would recommend you bring with you if you're staying), and the amazing pair were up at 6am to cook us breakfast before we left for the run.

Brilliantly clean, with amazing decor, this place is a gem and we would recommend it to anyone and will definitely be back. Thank you for a lovely stay, hopefully see you soon.

Room Tip: It's a very quiet area, but a room over looking the pond was a nice touch!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed here for nearly 6 months whilst working away from home and I would recommend it to anyone.The food was fantastic and great evening meal that was really cheap.The hospitality was great and the owners Michelle and Steve made me and my collegue feel very much at home for our entire stay and I will definetly return.
As I travel a lot with work I stay in quite a few b&b and hotels and this beats most .
Well done Michelle and Steve keep up the good work

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank darren e
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is a typical budget small inner city guest house. Comprises of 3 or 4 terrace houses joined together on a main road about 10mins walk from the centre of Darlington. The bar and breakfast room are quite interesting being full of military pictures and memorabilia. I had a single room with shared shower and toilet down the corridor. The room itself was clean, quite small with pretty dated furniture and décor. Biggest problem was the small old TV with free-view box attached which buzzed constantly and loudly. No complaints about breakfast with a reasonable choice and well cooked. Maybe I am being a little harsh awarding 3 stars as it was a cheap hotel but that TV was just too annoying. !!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlington
Travelodge Darlington Hotel
Harrowgate Hill Lodge
Harrowgate Hill Lodge
#14 of 21 in Darlington
Best Western Plus The Croft Hotel

Been to Greenbank Hotel? Share your experiences!