“special restaurant”

Ranked #8 of 287 Restaurants in Darlington
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

wonderful restaurant, our last visit was Friday night (30th may) we went as a party of 8 for my birthday, the staff go out of their way to accommodate you. The menu is extensive so leave yourself plenty of time to make your choice, although the restaurant is busy (you have to book) you are not hurried. We all had a different dish which was served for us at the same time and we all agreed each one was delicious. not the cheapest but certainly worth every penny, we often choose this place for special occasions and have never been disappointed

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had booked a table here earlier in the month for an anniversary meal. I picked this place because of the exotic items on the menu (the other half wanted to try crocodile). I had messaged the pub prior to ensure these exotic items were always available and received a lovely reply. My partner and I liked the cosy and quirky setting and both thought the food was lovely. Large menu with a lot of choice, so it takes some time to work through it. Both had starters and mains and have said we would go back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our 'special occasion' restaurant. We went for my sons 18th birthday and we had a wonderful meal. We all had different choices and every single one was excellent as always. Ok so we had to wait over an hour for our food to arrive but we really didn't mind as the food is cooked fresh to order and boy does it show! After our meal they very kindly brought out my sons cake complete with sparklers singing happy birthday, they provided plates too....a nice touch. The staff are very attentive but they do look absolutely terrified of the owner haha. This is a definite must to food lovers.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I've lived in or around Darlington all of my forty+ years and while there are many fine places to eat in the local area, The Bridge Inn is most certainly the best place to enjoy a great variety of multi-cultural cuisine.
If it swims, runs or flies, and tastes good, you'll most likely find it on their extensive menu - and the veggie options are many-fold too.
My exact rating would be a 4.5 as, if I'm being a little picky, the extra ten minutes or so it occasionally takes to get your starter can be a little exasperating.
That aside, I ask you to make up your own mind by paying them a visit. Make sure you book ahead of time, (they're always busy), and enjoy.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lovely atmosphere with excellent friendly service, everyone was very helpful and pleasant, service was outstanding, couldn't of been looked after any better