“Best italian in Wakefield”
Review of Bella Roma

Bella Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Bella Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 474 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$6 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2015

We booked here on spec early on a Saturday night for a late dinner. We arrived and were warmly greeted and seating at the bar whilst our table was prepared.

We had a couple of Martin Rouge's and perused the menu; which was a great delight to us as there is a really breadth of choice with authentic dishes.

We were seated and not long after our orders were taken; Caprese and Gameroni All Aglio (prawns with cannellini beans and fresh chilli) followed by Sea Bass and Veal with a side of Zucchini. The starters arrived and were well presented, my prawns however were overcooked and the chilli had been left out of the dish; the waiter was quick to resolve this and the new dish was tasty; I would say if I could improve this dish it needed a dash more sauce to make it richer.

Main course was again well presented, the Sea Bass was tasty but the sauce could have taken some more seasoning and a further reduction. The veal dish was tasty enough however the escallops were well done and the sage flavour was too subtle. The Zuchinni was cooked to perfection.

For desert there was only once choice the Tiramisu - which was a slice of heaven, hats off to the pastry chef for this beauty.

Atmosphere was great in the restaurant a really lovely buzz while the staff were really busy there was no drama or fuss. They checked on us regularly and corrected the issues to took feedback well.

Cost: 3 courses with coffee, aperitif and wine was £73

Summary: service was excellent, a lot of restaurants could learn from this team. We will be back and really hope that we become regulars at Felice's Bella Roma

2  Thank louisesw

Reviewed 14 August 2015

It is a good few years since I have eaten at the Bella Roma, but last time I was out with two of my friends one of them suggested that we go there next time we ate out together has she had heard good reports about it.We ate there last night and had a lovely evening.I had Paté for starters and Pollo a la crema for my main,both from the early bird menu and really enjoyed both.My friends both enjoyed their meals too and said as much.
The service was excellent,attentive friendly staff and nothing was to much trouble.It was quite busy with a good atmosphere,but we never felt hurried and even when we had finished our meal and were having a chat we never felt pressured to leave.
This restaurant is now on our list of places to eat out again in the near future.

5  Thank cexWestYorks
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

We love this place and all the great people who work there. The food is fantastic and very authentic. We were well looked after, as ever, by people who obviously care. I always enjoy my food and look forward to going. We have also had two parties here this year and had the room upstairs.

2  Thank AJBwf4
Reviewed 10 August 2015

I haven't been to Bella Roma for quite a while as heard mixed reviews. Went with 2 friends on Friday and had a really good night. It was full but that didn't make the service any slower and my meal was perfect. Pennette Aribiata with chicken. It was lovely and spicy and loads on the plate. I never have a desert but 2 of us had tiramisu which was perfect and the lemon icecream with liqueur had a real kick my friend informed me. Waiters were busy but still time for a bit of banter. All in all a brilliant night. Will def go again

2  Thank cheltenham2
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Me and my husband are still using this restaurant regularly lunch and evenings, you only have to sit in for a while to realise how many of the customers are known to the staff and are returning, some of us at least once a week maybe more. We still find the staff and food excellent, freshly cooked and delicious. I was also in on the evening when "Andrew Wade" was in, and I don't know how he viewed the visit but we other customers have different memories. The staff were as tolerant and as polite as possible to a clearly awfully mannered man, his language was appalling in a family restaurant with children present and it appeared he was just trying to get something for nothing. Also the mop in the doorway was there to safeguard customers from slipping on the hard floor from the water being trodden in from the torrential rain outside, keeping it in the back would have been impractical. Luckily he states he will never return, the restaurant will be a more pleasant place without his custom.

Date of visit: July 2015