“stag night”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“stag night”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

stayed at the york house hotel saturday 13th untill sunday 14th.group of 15 lads on stag night.from the moment we arrived untill the moment we left habib and his staff took great care of us.i was worried about hotel as i booked for party but this was laid to rest when we arrived.check in was fast staff(all staff)were pleasant and very helpfull.rooms were lovely and clean,modern and comfortable.so pleased we booked this hotel.breakfast was nice and to be honest never tryed sloanes but the food coming out did look and smell lovely.once again a big thank you to all the staff for a lovely stay from all 15 of us

Room Tip: all our rooms were nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see more of you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reading, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Recently I have been trying to find locally run hotels rather than the large corporate groups. This hotel was excellent. The room was modern, clean & tidy and good value for money.
Arrived late and reception was closed but my check in was handled by Sloanes restaurant. decided to have dinner at Sloanes and the staff there were flexible enough to change one of the menu dishes for something I fancied. They also had a superb Italian red wine that helped me unwind after a very long day.
Shower, Hair dryer and coffee making facilities in the room which amazed me for the price. Certainly beats the larger hotels.
Breakfast was not brilliant but I was meeting business colleagues and a client and the staff had no trouble in serving coffee and tea by the cup load but only charged me a nominal cost.
Will certainly stay again when in the area and recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Room Tip: Only 20 rooms and these have been converted from the original house.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Manchester UK
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed at the York House Hotel (and Sloanes restaurant) on Saturday 1st June 2013.
First of all, I don’t work for the hotel or Wakefield tourist board; I’m just some geezer who’s leaving a review (good or bad) after a stay.
The hotel is ideally located near the train station, and a 100-200m walk to the centre of town.
Wakefield comes alive at night, especially on a Saturday, so it’s hard to find the centre, but the hotel is there.
I checked out almost every hotel / B&B in Wakefield on ‘tripadvisor’ before I went for the York House.
When I checked in at 1300hrs (should have been after 1400hrs), I was surprised on how quiet the one way street was, and more so how quiet and friendly the hotel staff were.
I found my room (109), which was a twin room, more for use for a disabled person. The room was on the front of the hotel but on the inside of the hotel, the side of the corridor from the front, if you get my drift? I could see the inner courtyard from my window where all the aircon units were, but we weren’t at the rear of the hotel.
I paid downstairs after checking the room (I’m obsessive after staying at some bad hotels), as it was payment up front at checkin.
I went for a walk around town, and as I passed the rear of the hotel I found it backed onto a very large nightclub (QUEST), I had a heart attack, I’d asked at reception if there were any problems with anything in the area like nightclubs that caused noise into the wee small hours, which was met with “No.”
Anyway, I attended the meeting that afternoon / evening, had a few drinks and went to bed. I had a sound sleep, especially as a light sleeper, the nightclub and any other noise (not that I heard anything) was fine from my room. I went for breakfast at 0900hrs in Sloanes. The restaurant and breakfast, and service were great.
Overall the hotel was great, at the prices you pay for as well. If you want 5*star you pay for that, I’d say that it was a 3*star hotel, bordering on 4*star, this was a very good yet cheap-priced hotel for an overall faultless stay, and it looks spotless! There’s a few chips on the reception desk from the guests, but the hotel and restaurant is/are immaculate.

Room Tip: As above in main text
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at the York House Hotel in Wakefield for several weeks.
This is a very good hotel, with a good restaurant, and great service. This i a hotel with great value for money factor. RECOMENDED

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This is a larger than expected B&B / Hotel. Right in the centre of Wakefield, close to all shops, restaurants & amenities. Parking is free for residents as is the excellent WiFi.
Breakfast was good with all you expect from a B&B.
The Italian restaurant that is part of the B&B is excellent with a very good price range.
All in all this is a great place to stay, with welcoming staff and good amenities. A definite re booking for me

Room Tip: If on business and you need a table to work on ask when booking in!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank MappyLead
Aylesbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Excellent hotel, great service and nice stay. The reason for my stay was a 21st birthday in wakefield, but could be used for all occasions of family, friends, business, work, night out, suitable for many. Had all facilities needed with great WIFI, function rooms, lift, spacious rooms, excellent bathroom. Also great security needing your key to get into front door and personal room. The service throughout was personal, professional and with character and humour. Also an unbelievable breakfast in the morning !!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Recently having my 21st birthday party at this venue, I found the management brilliantly flexible to my needs. You find yourself walking into an older but well looked after building with good character which is perfectly situated in Wakefield, close to both bus and train stations with free parking for guests. A taxi free night on the town is well worth it. Especially as well the drinks are very reasonably priced. Me and friends also booked into a four man room which was nicely furnished. It was simple, but very comfortable. The cost of the room, which includes an amazing breakfast when you're feeling a bit fragile was the best I've had for the price you pay and will definitely be returning on some form of occasion in the future.
My family also stayed in rooms across the hotel and reported good things. (I'm originally from London, hence the need to stay in a hotel for the family, and I wanted to treat myself to a night away from home with friends)
Highly recommend for functions and overnight stays. Amazing value.

• Stayed March 2013