“Excellent Little Hotel”
Review of York House Hotel

York House Hotel
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

As I write this I have recently just checked in to the hotel in room 213 - a lovely large deluxe room with it's very own four poster bed.
The room is lovely, spacious and clean with a beautiful en suite.
I came by train and thought I would have to get a taxi but the hotel is more or less just across the road. Perfect for saving my money! :)
I am currently sat in the bar area having a nice drink and catching up on some internet time using the wifi.
The receptionist upon checking in was lovely and friendly and after having a drink and trying out the bar I think I will try out the restaurant this evening.
Overall I am very happy so far and will be using this hotel again on visits to Wakefield.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Hannah_Gill_83
Nina_YorkHouseHotel, Manager at York House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see more of you in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Despite a lost booking I was quickly booked into my room. The room itself was quite basic with 2 single beds pushed together to create a double room. The bathroom was clear with loads of c lean towels. The real bonus in this hotel is the proximity to the train station and a good on site restaurant. I enjoyed delicious calmari and a tasty mushroom pizza. I got the feeling that this place is popular with contractors as it was quite blokey but not intimidatingly so.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel in various occasions. Beautiful and clean rooms comfortable beds the best showers you can find at a very reasonable price.The hotel is few minutes walking distance from train station which makes it easy and cheap. They have their car park and it is literally in the middle of Wakefield west gate pubs. Just remember to book in advance specially the weekends.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

stayed for two nights on a weekend. the hotel was in a great location in the town center ideal for pubs and shops and cinema and also the train station where we got a train into leeds for a day out which took 20 minutes. The noise from the nightclubs meant we didnt get much sleep and the room wasnt clean for our arrival so we had to wait about 45 minutes in the bar and we had to keep asking for tea, coffee and milk but we loved wakefield and would deffinatley stay here again because the good points far outweighed the bad points.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways we can make our hotel an even better experience for all our guests. I am also sorry about the noise in your room and that your room was not ready on time, we always try to make all our rooms ready for check in at 2pm. I will look into both of your comments so that we can improve our hotel and our service.
We are very happy, however, that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see more of you in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's so friendly,we can park outside the hotel, the food is great and thats what makes our visits so enjoyable and why we are returning. We visit the area on business and we much prefer to stay in a hotel with a 'personality' it adds so much value to the visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your lovely review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I just arrived home after visiting Manchester and Wakefield. I could not wait until I write my recommendation. I really enjoyed my stay. Free parking, great food (the sea food was very very good). The staff were absolutely welcoming and nice which made it feel like home. This was my second time going there and it is located somewhere that you can access anything and anywhere.
I wish they had branches across the UK.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel and restaurant was incredibly clean and the service was amazing. Very warm and friendly staff! The food was also nice, italian menu and the pizza was delicious. I would go there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014