“Gorgeous Food”

The Park Restaurant & Grill
Ranked #50 of 442 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant, modern English, fresh produce, All fresh, home made, weddings, functions, A la carte dining, beautiful views over Waterton park, all welcome, childrens menu
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Went for Sunday lunch and not disappointed. Food excellent, lovely set up and price reasonable. Great place to go for something special.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a reviewReviews (136)

Reviewed 6 August 2018

I would like to thank all the staff at The Park Grill for making our daughters wedding a day to remember. Excellent venue the weather perfect, good atmosphere and the food both day and evening was exceptional as everybody commented on how much they had enjoyed it .

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Yorkie24
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Where do I start living very close and yet never been is shameful cos I realise what a gem we have been missing. The staff were friendly and helpful with nothing to much to make your meal a pleasure. We walked in and sat in a lounge while we made our choices, and was brought the canapes, the picture says everything. I ordered the churios and belly pork salad, wife scallops. The main course sea bass and wife 10oz steak. Dessert was cheese board and baked Alaska. Finishing with coffee. I will recommend this place to anyone it was a special evening, with excellent food.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Me and my wife have been here a few times before and have never been disappointed, so the perfect setting for my 70th birthday celebrations with all the family. I cannot praise the staff for their service enough,made the day that little bit more special.
Highly recommended

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Once again we paid a visit to the Park Grill and Restaurant for our Sunday Lunch,and as expected the Food and service was First Class.From the very minute you arrive you are welcomed into the Lounge Area to take a Drink,where you are also given some menu,s prior to being shown to your Table, which has a varied choice.In addition to the Roast Meats on offer,there is also an option to try the 14 oz Barnsley Chop which has a (£4 supplement) and as I have tried this previously, it is still worth trying.For starters we both went for the Tomato Soup which was very smooth, warming,and with a hint of spiciness to it which gave it a lovely Flavour.For mains I was undecided on whether to have the Lamb or Beef, but chose the latter along with my other half.These came with Yorkshire Pudding,Roast Potato,s and a varied choice of selected Vegetables.As we had enjoyed our meal yet again so much, we both opted for deserts where I decided to have the Apple and Rhubarb Crumble and Custard, while my other half had the Eton Mess.Both were plentiful and and were a perfect end to a Fabulous Meal and all at a Fraction of the Price you would pay elsewhere.This really is a First Class Sunday Lunch with efficient attentive service in a Large well managed Dining Room,with some pleasant external views across the Park and Golf Course area.Oh and the Price of this whole 3 Course experience is less than £20 per person.My Total Bill which included a Pint of Stellar Lager and a Full Bottle of Zinfandel Rose Wine came to £57.You really will not be disappointed giving this place a try,it really is something else.Real Value for money too but remember to make a reservation prior, and do be mindful that serving of Lunch finishes at 4.p.m,otherwise Enjoy.Well Worth a Visit.!!!

Date of visit: November 2017