“Excellent value”
Review of Qubana

Qubana
Reserve with OpenTable
Qubana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 447 Restaurants in Wakefield
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The steak night on a Monday is excellent value
Well worth the money
I go regularly to this and the food and service is always excellent

2  Thank Elizabeth S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Been here a couple of times now for the 'lunchtime menu'. Its usually busy in here and can take a little while to get served and due to the restrictions on dinner time I've sometimes had to walk out as we've not had enough time to order and get the food served and eaten.

The lunchtime menu is cheap and of a good standard. The staff are friendly and are always running around the try and get things done as quickly as possible. Decent priced food at a good standard.

2  Thank spongy_nathe
MatthewQubana, Owner at Qubana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry the service has not been quick enough for you at lunchtime. The restaurant is very busy, but on a lunchtime we must appreciate the restrictions on time. I will certainly look into this to see how we can improve. Thanks also for the positive comments regarding the staff and the food.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing little Restaurant. We visit her often as we don't live far away. There is parking round the back which is good for a town centre restaurant. My partners favourite is the ultimate surf and turf which was lobster and steak. It's meant for 2 people but my husband and 12 years old finished the lot. The belly pork is defiantly one to try.

MatthewQubana, Owner at Qubana, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Cannot say enough good things about this place, staff are fantastic, food is amazing, and the selection of drinks is spectacular. My wife and I love Qubana, it's our favourite restaurant in Wakefield.

MatthewQubana, Owner at Qubana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for your review. It's brilliant to hear such good comments regarding the food and drink. We also have a pianist playing on a Saturday night and once a month we have a tribute artist on the first Wednesday. Will be great to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

After perusing the wine menu i opted for the Argentinian Malbec. I didn't know the wine but was reassured as the menu confirmed it was from Mendoza.
The waiter brought a screw top bottle snapped it open and poured four glasses. I know it is not necessary to try the wine if from a screw top as it won't be corked, but unlikely the staff would know this surely.
On inspection the bottle did not note Mendoza as the menu had stated, I googled it and it was from the most northern and inferior region of Cafayete.
Trying to pass off cheap plonk as Argentinas finest Mendoza is surely illegal?

4  Thank drewhaymes
MatthewQubana, Public Relations Manager at Qubana, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your review and for taking the time out to give feedback. I have contacted the wine merchant to make them aware, and I am awaiting their response. A new wine list is coming out soon and I will endeavour to ensure the correct information is shown. Qubana prides itself in offering good quality wine and I am sorry you felt this was inferior. Once again thank you highlighting this.