“Best Indian in wakefield” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bollywood Lounge
Price range: US$12 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bollywood Lounge offers an interesting modern twist to the authentic Indian restaurant and takeaway, fusing recipes from different cultures to create a unique dining experience.We provide an extensive menu including, not only, our speciality fusion dishes but also traditional ones, award-winning and much more.All this variety and choice together with our friendly staff and great atmosphere guarantees you will enjoy an unforgettable and unique dining experience.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in wakefield”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Best Indian food around four miles well worth a visit we use bollywood at least 4 times a month. The food is alway 100% fantastic and service is good too

• Visited June 2014

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Pleasant enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got a deal on living social which made this meal good value. The sharing starter was very nice and the best part of the meal.

We tried something new from the menu as a main course that I had not seen before, it wasn't my cup of tea to be honest as it was topped with potato crisps. Not what I expected from a curry but it was worth trying. My husband choice a more conventional curry and that was very nice although not quite spicy enough but if I went back I'd ask them to spice it up.

The garlic naan was a little to doughy for my likening, I prefer mine a little more crispy.

If the deal comes up again I'd buy it and give it another go.

Barnsley
“Not bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The food here isn't bad, but it isnt the best Indian restaurant i have eaten at. The chicken in the Chicken Shaloy was overcooked but the Lamb Karahi was lovely.

They could improve on their naans too, many Indian places do the most tasty huge freshly made naans presented hanging from racks!

We wasn't very happy where we were seated, we we practically sat on the same table with another couple bar a couple of inch gap.

The staff were not unfriendly, but they didn't make much effort to make you feel welcome. We felt a bit like we were rushed also, we have all hear of slow service but this was the opposite.

The starter arrived practically what seemed like 2 mins flat which was ok but, then the main more or less straight after they had whipped the starter plates away from us. it could be a little bit more leisurely than that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
BollywoodLoungeWakey, Manager at Bollywood Lounge, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am sorry to hear of your bad experience. I can I assure you I have practically made all my staff members read it.

It isn't what Bollywood management trains its staff to do. I can assure you this.

I am able to tell from genuine reviews and also just the nonsense. In your case I believe you are extremely honest and fair with your review.

I have made changes to our customer service procedure and as you may see we are receiving many positive feedbacks.

I would like one these positive feedbacks to be yours also therefore please accept my invitation to visit us again. I would gladly pay for drinks.

I would like to thank you for your recommendation on getting hanging racks for our naan breads.

We have been considering them and now that we have you backing on that I think that's what we're bringing in.

We really hope you dine with us again.

Bollywood Team
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Been for a meal here earlier tonight. The food was excellent as always. We have eaten here numerous times and have never had a bad meal yet. The service is also good and I love the general atmosphere of the place. Brilliant menu so much to choose from,would recommend it to anyone.

“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided at short notice to come here for a meal whilst visiting family in Wakefield. We now live in Leicester and always compare indian restaurants elsewhere to some of the top places there. This is up there. The menu choice is staggering and options range from very traditional curry to some very unusual dishes. Great to see healthy choices as well. The pickles tray was brilliant , especially the lime pickle. Main course portions were just right and we had some lovely vegetable side dishes. Beer was a tad pricey and we were charged for one we didn't have but that was sorted without fuss and we had extra popadoms free. Overall value was good. Not the cheapest but food quality made it worthwhile. It's not the greatest atmosphere being basically a big hall but so what ? We enjoyed our meal and the staff were attentive and friendly. We will definitely go back.