“Groupon Voucher”

Bollywood Lounge
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Lounge offers an interesting modern twist to the authentic Indian restaurant and takeaway, fusing recipes from different cultures to create a unique dining experience.We provide an extensive menu including, not only, our speciality fusion dishes but also traditional ones, award-winning and much more.All this variety and choice together with our friendly staff and great atmosphere guarantees you will enjoy an unforgettable and unique dining experience.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a Groupon for Bollywood lounge. Had a look at the feedback and was not sure what to expect. Went on a Friday night and it was quite busy. Had a really nice good quality meal. The place itself is very clean/tidy nice linen,crockery and tables not cramped together. Staff were very friendly and attentive and we will most definitely go again. Not sure where the negative comments come from re staff as they were really good.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a Saturday Evening and had a Groupon Voucher. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. My husband loved the big screen TV and was able to enjoy the football whilst we ate.
We were award that certain dishes carried supplements which was fine but we ended up choosing dishes that were part of the deal.
We had chicken tikka and chicken pakora to start with then my husband had chicken Tikka masala And I had chicken and mushroom Balti. We also had extras of rice and naan bread. Everything was delicious. My other favourite Indian restaurant is Akbars in Leeds and this was on par.
The staff were courteous and very pleasant. All in all it was a fabulous meal and worth every penny. Sure we will be back.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

The only reason I go here is it is open late after the pubs close and is in the centre of town. Food was ok service a bit surly. Much better indian restaurants but it serves a purpose

2  Thank s30wen
BollywoodLoungeWakey, Manager at Bollywood Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest

I am so upset to hear that the only reasons you regularly come over to Bollywood Lounge is because we are open late after the pubs are closed and that we are a walking distance from town centre.

What an insult! I am deeply wounded.

I was hurt the first time as well when I read your previous comment which I have pasted below:

"Went here late one Saturday evening after a night out in Wakefield. The menu is extensive, but I do wander how much of the more exotic dishes they actually sell! The mixed special starter was good especially the onion bahji. My main course a king prawn curry was ok, but I wouldn't describe the prawns as king, they were small and whilst it had heat the curry didn't have much flavour. I did enjoy the mixed nan and I usually don't eat nan. Wouldn't go back as there are nicer curry houses in walking distance. Service fine, but they did forget my drink"

Visited April 2013

We close at 12.00am and open at 5.30pm. The reason why we close late sometimes on a night is especially for you. We wait for you as you are always only just a walk away from our restaurant.

I wish you would enjoy your food every time you come here.

I assure you we will keep trying and never give up so as long as you keep coming back as you do.

You are one of our favourites

Hope to see you seen

Bollywood Lounge Team

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Always good food and drinks, curries are to die for :) been on numerous occasions and can say there will be many more visits here

1  Thank char73
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I went early doors with a groupon voucher. We were really impressed with the place. Really clean, light, and airy.Food was one of the nicest curry Ive had. One of the staff was really friendly and helpful. Only thing I would say was even with the groupon voucher we spent £25.!! We will go back. Thank you for a lovely meal.x