“Quite pleasant”

Bollywood Lounge
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bollywood Lounge offers an interesting modern twist to the authentic Indian restaurant and takeaway, fusing recipes from different cultures to create a unique dining experience.We provide an extensive menu including, not only, our speciality fusion dishes but also traditional ones, award-winning and much more.All this variety and choice together with our friendly staff and great atmosphere guarantees you will enjoy an unforgettable and unique dining experience.
“Quite pleasant”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I dines here with 5 friends on a Thursday night, 4 of us on groupon vouchers. Two of my friends are not fans of indian food, in fact it's far to say we twisted their arms to make them come. There are no English food alternative - personally I agree with this, who should there be! It's an indian after all. This forced them both to try a dish they would never have done before, one lived it, the other did not.

The mixed starter ok, a lot of batter, onions not cooked enough when the slizzler came out. The fish starter again heavily battered - why? It is possible to make masala fish without batter.

Most of us enjoyed our mains, mine could have been spicer, it had a 3 star spicy rating but I found it quite mild. Maybe this is done to taste.

Garlic naan - tasty.

They gave us a voucher to go back so yes I'll definitely return And try some different dished.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mwalshm

“Groupon Voucher”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a Groupon for Bollywood lounge. Had a look at the feedback and was not sure what to expect. Went on a Friday night and it was quite busy. Had a really nice good quality meal. The place itself is very clean/tidy nice linen,crockery and tables not cramped together. Staff were very friendly and attentive and we will most definitely go again. Not sure where the negative comments come from re staff as they were really good.

• Visited July 2014
“Excellent Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a Saturday Evening and had a Groupon Voucher. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. My husband loved the big screen TV and was able to enjoy the football whilst we ate.
We were award that certain dishes carried supplements which was fine but we ended up choosing dishes that were part of the deal.
We had chicken tikka and chicken pakora to start with then my husband had chicken Tikka masala And I had chicken and mushroom Balti. We also had extras of rice and naan bread. Everything was delicious. My other favourite Indian restaurant is Akbars in Leeds and this was on par.
The staff were courteous and very pleasant. All in all it was a fabulous meal and worth every penny. Sure we will be back.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Ok but better places”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

The only reason I go here is it is open late after the pubs close and is in the centre of town. Food was ok service a bit surly. Much better indian restaurants but it serves a purpose

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank s30wen
BollywoodLoungeWakey, Manager at Bollywood Lounge, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest

I am so upset to hear that the only reasons you regularly come over to Bollywood Lounge is because we are open late after the pubs are closed and that we are a walking distance from town centre.

What an insult! I am deeply wounded.

I was hurt the first time as well when I read your previous comment which I have pasted below:

"Went here late one Saturday evening after a night out in Wakefield. The menu is extensive, but I do wander how much of the more exotic dishes they actually sell! The mixed special starter was good especially the onion bahji. My main course a king prawn curry was ok, but I wouldn't describe the prawns as king, they were small and whilst it had heat the curry didn't have much flavour. I did enjoy the mixed nan and I usually don't eat nan. Wouldn't go back as there are nicer curry houses in walking distance. Service fine, but they did forget my drink"

Visited April 2013

We close at 12.00am and open at 5.30pm. The reason why we close late sometimes on a night is especially for you. We wait for you as you are always only just a walk away from our restaurant.

I wish you would enjoy your food every time you come here.

I assure you we will keep trying and never give up so as long as you keep coming back as you do.

You are one of our favourites

Hope to see you seen

Bollywood Lounge Team
england
“Love it”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Always good food and drinks, curries are to die for :) been on numerous occasions and can say there will be many more visits here

Visited February 2014