Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel
US$62
US$58
Priceline
Travelocity
All reviewsthe red kite pubstayed herethe pubpetrol stationcar parkall you can eatvisiting familyquiet roombreakfast roomcooked breakfastclean roomspub next doorthe yorkshire sculpture parkplenty of parkinggood nights sleephepworth gallerynight's sleep
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent stay, very friendly and chatty staff, nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was really good value for money, the room was clean and enough room for myself and my little one. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone who needs quick access to the M1

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The usual high standard from Premier Inn, friendly staff, quick check in, helpful, good clean rooms, quiet and comfortable nights sleep. Good breakfast. Location is perfect for business, plenty of parking and good food on site

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkFilby
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped here when passing on business due to giod location from the M1 motorway (only two mins from the junction). Good standard and clean rooms as what you expect from a Premier Inn. There is plenty of parking and a restaurant right outside which is good for lunches or evenig meals. Breakfast starts early so you can grab a bite even if yoy need to leave fairly early.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed here one night whilst visiting friends. Room was very clean and comfy.

Because of the travel cot that took up a lot of space between bed and sofa so maybe a slightly bigger room if they have any for this would have been good.

I personally found the bed too high. Felt like i needed a stool to get in to it and then when i got up in the night to see to my daughter i'd forgotten how high it was and landed funnily when i got out.

Next time i'll ask if there are any rooms that have a bath as if we were staying more than one night i'd need a bath to bath my daughter.

I thought that because this was quite a new premier inn that they would have had a plug socket either side of the bed but there was only 1 on one side. And what happened to the hot chocolate sachets and biscuits that when it was travel inn (before they became premier inn) they used to have as that's what i always used to enjoy.

But otherwise, staff very friendly, esp the lady at breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Nothing terrible about my experience but a few things that just annoyed me.
1. Having struggled to find the hotel I tried to ring them for directions. I went on hold and eventually a pre recorded message told me they were too busy to take my call, strange I thought it was past 9pm! 10 mins later I find out why, the receptionist was glued to the phone, barely coming off it to check me in.
2. Same receptionist, busy on the phone, clearly didn't register my room key and I needed to come back downstairs to have it registered. Yes, she was still on the phone!
3. There was a chair that was next to the bed and not under the table. So what....well it was just strange as why would they leave it there? The bed also looked as if, just as the cleaner was leaving, she (or he) thought I wonder if its comfy? It just looked like someone had just got off it and not straightened it!
4. Wifi not working ! It happens...maybe the receptionist was trying to get it fixed ;-)

Anyway, breakfast is great. Freshly cooked to order. As much as you like and very present lady serving and cooking - you saved them!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business