“go early for breakfast on a sunday”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed 11 August 2014

stayed here twice now & overall its really good, however if you want breakfast on a sunday make sure you're down early. Last weekend the poor chef was in the kitchen herself & was run off her feet. The breakfast was really good but waiting an hour & a half to eat it was a bit much. I don't blame the chef at all she's only got one pair of hands after all. As for the Red Kite next door their food's great & the staff are friendly. Only complaint is after paying £4.15 for a pint of Peroni, id like a FULL pint!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Extremely handy location, just off M1. Very friendly staff. good breakfast with cheerful staff on hand. lovely choice of cereals and cooked breakfast. nothing too much trouble. Red kite restaurant next door, which is part of the Vintage Inn group. Fabulous food, great atmosphere, friendly staff. Close enough to have a few drinks, with no need to worry about driving.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol A
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I was originally given room 307 and went upstairs to find that it was basically a sauna. I suspect around 29-30 degrees.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

I complained and was told nothing could be done but I was "lucky to have one of these types of fans". I certainly didn't feel lucky.

After a further complaint I asked for a different room. It was simply too hot to sleep in. Originally I was told that there might be a difference in cost due to my booking rate being different to today's rate!!!! I strongly suggested that point be reevaluated.

I was transferred to another room which was a few degrees cooler but still way too hot and settled down to a crazy hot night sleep. When I woke in the morning my room was 27.5 degrees while I read the message on the window telling me that it wasn't openable to protect me.

The problem occurs because premier inn don't allow you to open the windows much for "health and safety" reasons. I've suggested to the company that they allow a waiver so windows can be opened without fear of being sued - I've been using windows throughout my life so I feel fairly safe in their operation.

The further problem in this case was that the premier inn staff didn't have the foresight to open the windows during the day, although they did close the curtains.

I would strongly suggest avoiding premier inn during the summer months.

I did receive my money back.. But I would rather have had a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mister_phillie
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Support at Premier Inn Wakefield South (M1, Jct39) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We just needed a room to break the journey from the South Coast to our daughter's graduation. The room was very clean, bed was comfy, staff were friendly both on reception and at breakfast. A fan was provided, but it was still very very hot in the room so I haven't given it 5 stars for our sleep quality. Air con would have been great!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JEC10
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Really clean and comfortable hotel. Very friendly staff. I checked in slightly early and it was not a problem for the receptionist at the desk. I felt very safe as I was travelling on my own. I have stayed here in the past and have never had a problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia G
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for one night. The rooms are big and the beds were the most comfortable I have very had in a hotel. Great nights sleep & good price. Need a car here as it is a little remote. Friendly staff made the stay complete. Room was a little stuffy as the windows do not open fully, and there is no AC in the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very good Premier Inn this one ! The staff friendly - the Red Kite pub onsite is excellent, though pricey, for dinner. Plenty of room in the car park. Extremely helpful if you are disabled. Wet rooms available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends