“Cheap and cheerful”

Campanile Wakefield
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Decent clean and cheap. Motel style. Bed wasn't that comfortable and it was warm during the heatwave. No chef on but I don't think we would have eaten there anyway. Close to town. I would probably stay again due to the great price.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Could get anything to eat so decided to come home early wouldn't recommend this place to anybody NO CHEF I was charged for a nights stay only stopped 3 hrs had enough people meeting up was knocking shop

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank s64hell
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I know other reviewers have been unkind, but I was pleased with my large room, that had a bath and a shower, adequate plug sockets (for my needs) boiling hot water and a very large and extremely comfortable bed.

The service was slow when I arrived, the booking system was not working properly, but it did not put me off...

I enjoyed my breakfast, there was plenty to eat and drink.

Parking was not a problem either.

The only negative was the cleanliness of the stairways, they were a little scruffy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I went on a night out into Wakefield with a few lads and this hotel was perfect for purpose. We got back at 3:00 to find a Police riot van in the hotel carpark which added to the fun. The hotel was reasonably clean and the beds were excellent. Fantastic place to stay - if your in a singles gang.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Stayed one hour
Couldn't even charge our phone no plug sockets
The over effiicious manageress covering from Bradford was surly and unhelpful I arrived at 130pm and was told I couldn't book in until 2 pm I said you have no customers your hotel is empty, no cars on the car park and all rooms to the chalet style rooms open she ignored me I spoke to the cleaner a lovely young blonde girl who said she would air out a room and sort it.
We decided to stay all I can say this hotel in the middle of a industrial estate is a dump, bar empty , restaurant empty, car park empty everything empty we stayed one hour and left.
This manageress said her hotel in Bradford had air con and I should try that branch next... Never was my reply

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BangkokBill786
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have to agree with the 7 March comment - the staff try hard, but the hotel is shabby and rooms are small. Beware the 'all rooms are non-smoking' as they tried to give me a room which had been used for a cigar smokers' convention. The first night (29/6) we were besieged by a shrieking, hysterically drunk group of women somewhere in the hotel, starting at 0330 and finishing at 0600. With no 'reception' overnight this was not attended to.

The rate is ok, BUT it was annoying to book on line at £41 for 2 (with continental) and receive a confirmation email telling me the rate was £35 for 2 (with continental). The hotel itself could not help with this, and the London telephone number answers in French (it is a French chain). Eventually a French agent answered (in English) but to sort out the confusion I was told I needed to make a call to France which I declined! I asked for an email address, but it took 3 separate calls to get that right. Email has not been answered after 1 week.

Food was ok, but on second night (4/7) there was no chef and thus a limited menu. The continental breakfast (5/7) would make you vote to leave the EU. No coffee machine (broken) and lukewarm urn of 'hot' water.

As I said, the staff try hard but are up against it with what really is/should be a lorry drivers' motel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

After two nights in a Travelodge this place is heaven!

Good value for money, clean rooms, good facilities and pleasant friendy staff. Food is good, Breakfast offers a wide choice and dinner, though basic, is nicely presented and tasty.

This place is way above its budget hotel grading and is easily on a par with Premier Inn and Holiday Inn Express for half the price!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business