“Better than some budget hotels”

Campanile Wakefield
Ranked #19 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Huddersfield
“Better than some budget hotels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay at the campanile. For a budget hotel I wasn't expecting much but i had a very comfortable stay. Its a motel set up which was quite novel. There was an area of tiling cordoned off right in front of the bar, I've no idea how long it had been like that but it should be a priority as it isn't a major job and it is a bit of an eyesore.
We stayed for breakfast. We paid for the cooked breakfast, which was a full English and we could also help ourselves to as much as we wanted from the continental selection too.
Luckily I'd checked street view to see where it was otherwise I might not have found it as its in an industrial estate.
All in all we had a pleasant stay and would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank jaynesheridan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Clydebank, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Noisy plumbing, rather thin walls, and when I stayed (back in 2007 - the drop-down box won't allow me to go further back!) there was a problem with the water table, apparently from the nearby canal which kept backing up the plumbing and causing dampness in the ground floor room - or mine, at least.

However, the staff, who were mainly French, were really lovely, friendly and helpful, and moved me to an upstairs room as it became available - although I had to change rooms again during the course of the fortnight's stay, this wasn't any great inconvenience. The food was very good, and the selection of wines excellent and well-priced.

Despite the problems with the flooded room, my overall experience with the Campanile brand was so good that I actively sought out further Campaniles afterwards, and was delighted that I did so. As a frequent business traveller at that time, I was always delighted to find a Campanile in my local area - to the point that I would deliberately stay several miles further away just to get to stay in a Campanile!

Room Tip: During the winter / rainy times, ask for an upstairs room!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Motel kind of set up, nice enough room very big comfy bed, was a little noisy at night but what do you expect from a cheap room near city centre at a weekend? Shower was great, only complaint really is the thin walls lol but for what we paid for a couple of nights stay with breakfast was great.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lawlryla
Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Here overnight on business. Know and value the Campanile brand, here and abroad. It didn't disappoint. Clean room at an good price. Excellent, tasty and reasonably- priced meal. Can't wait for the next Campanile experience.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

We booked into this hotel as staying nearby with family over the Christmas period. We have stayed in campanile hotels before and have always been satisfied with value for money! However I was extremely disappointed on booking into our room with the sub standard cleanliness which was totally unacceptable! We arrived in our room after the reception was closed and left early the next morning, but the whole day I spent totally anxious about returning for 1 more night!

I have to say though the man on reception was brilliant and refunded our costs for the stay and was very pleasant! I don't usually complain however I felt I was left with no choice on this occasion!

Very good location and good price for an overnight stay, however needs a serious overhaul!

Would still use these in future however would insist on seeing the rooms before I paid for them!

• Stayed December 2013

Travellers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

Hetton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

Me and my fiancée stayed the night here in March 2013, we found it excellent value for money and had a comfortable nights sleep. The bed was extremely soft but very comfortable and it was nice and quiet when we stayed here.

The room was nice and clean all around the only fault we could pick was the bath was not a full size bath so was only really good for showering (or for a child to bathe in!)

We did not eat at the hotel but the staff on check in and out were very friendly and chatty. All round it was a great stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Wickford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel: Very basic but clean and comfortable for our needs (3 night stop over while visiting family for Christmas). Could do with more plug sockets and replenish the teas/coffees. Shower was great! Plenty of parking spaces. Although low cost price, the heating could be better, was cold of a night, but then you get what you pay for.
Area: Industrial area, quiet and out the way.
Staff: Only saw reception staff, (booking in and out) both were friendly.
Would recommend for very short stays only.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple