“Another great visit last night :-)”
Review of Grill! Primal Kitchen - CLOSED

Grill! Primal Kitchen
Price range: US$3 - US$32
Cuisines: Barbecue, Greek, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Olive & Meze Website Olive & Meze is a new restaurant to the Wakefield area. It is independently owned and operated by Zafer Firinci our Head Chef. Zafer has over 20 years experience in the restaurant industry having previously owned and operated 2 restaurants in Turkey and 1 in Wetherby in the UK. Zafer and his team strongly believe in providing excellent quality food at a great price with fast, friendly efficient service. We hope you will join us to sample the Turkish Delights of Olive & Meze.
doncaster
“Another great visit last night :-)”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've been to the grill before but was my mum and sisters first time for my mums birthday, and I had no doubt they'd enjoy it too.... And they did. The food is just TO DIE FOR, excellently cooked, seasoned and presented ( slight problem with my sisters steak souvlaki, as she doesn't like to see blood, but the chef was happy to grill it a bit longer ) my mother is slightly conservative and anything new is completely foreign to her, but safe to say the Grill converted her thinking. We were all happy with what we got and shared each other's dishes because we didn't want to miss out. We left completely pigged out :-)
It got a bit warm towards the end of the night, so some air con or a door open would have been great. Also some chair cushions ( numb bum lol ) we will be back for more as soon as possible. We travelled 20miles and booked well in advance, this place is just a gem. The waitress ( I'm sorry I forgot her name ) is just a star, constantly upbeat and ready to please.
I left a little note on the receipt as a token of our appreciation. Places like this are hard to find! Great food, great price, great staff and great atmosphere. My mum suggested making it bigger but I think it would ruin the setting they have. Please don't expand lol

See you soon :-)

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank aandsplustwo

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Quirky little gem.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

A superb little restaurant in the heart of Wakefield. Lovely ambience, friendly service and beautifully presented and delicious food.

I had the chance wild boar belly, washed down with a very smooth and spicy Argentine Malbec and it was sublime.

I can't wait to go back.

4 Thank JShelley86
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been a few times now and so feel the need to pass on our praise. A great little place with a great atmosphere. Food is good value and service excellent even when with a big party. The range of food is just right and delicious. I just hope they stick to their roots and don't try to go too far away from where they started.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank JennyR190
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Great as always”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have been visited this amazing restaurant on a number of occasions and they never disappoint. Great service and fabulous food in a relaxed setting. Returned the menu to what for me they do best which is Greek cuisine and I am one happy bunny for it. If you have not tried this place and consider yourself a foody then you are doing yourself an injustice.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank FussyFack
Sheffield
“Wish I could have given it 4.5”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We visited this restaurant for the first time in May 2014 after reading other TA reviews.

The premises are well located in the centre of Wakefield, with lots of parking nearby. The dimensions of the restaurant are quite petite. It’s a long narrow space that allows for around 20-30 guests in normal configuration. Decoration is simple, but sympathetic and suitable.

The menu is focussed, but contains some fantastic food, and I’m sure that there will be something for everyone.

I went for the 18oz 42 day cured Yorkshire Ribeye steak. There is no way this steak was only 18oz, it had to be much more, it covered all of my extremely large square plate. Not only was the portion large, it was one of the best steaks I have had this year, and that includes my trips to the USA. Emma had a speciality burger, which the waitress confessed to having trouble carrying it out, which too was very big. Again, the chef produced a masterpiece and she enjoyed every bite, but could not finish it all.

In addition, you should note that although this is great food the price is very reasonable, and considerably cheaper than other steak houses situated nearby. Great value for money.

The staff were fantastic, correctly attentive, and actually had personalities!

Other diners seemed to be enjoying themselves too, and it is fair to say that there was a good atmosphere, well, apart from the issue below.

The only down side we found was totally out of the restaurants control, a screaming baby in a large group sat behind us. As we all know, you can’t stop a baby screaming, but this effect was augmented by the tiled floors and lack of sound deadening in the space. Never mind, the food was outstanding.

I would recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014