“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Friendly staff, run this nice restaurant on the outskirts of Wakefield. The food is good and plentiful . Slight problem dealt with promptly by the manager. I can recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is what it is, a chain pub. You order at the bar and the food comes almost instantly, which to me makes me think "not freshly cooked". However food was warm and a reasonable price.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Despite the title, I like this place. The staff are incredibly friendly and the next door Premier Inn is quiet and clean, perfect for business travellers.

It "does what it says on the tin" until the buffet self-service breakfast is rolled out (usually because they have a large group of business networkers in for an early morning meeting).

My heart sinks when I see the buffet. The usual top notch brekkie is lukewarm at best, the hash browns are soggy and the eggs have usually sat there so long they've gone hard (not the same as all the glossy advertising pictures showing dripping egg yolk!) I was told to ask for freshly-cooked runny yolk eggs at a previous stay, which I did today ... No problem at all ... But when they rolled out two more which had clearly been sitting "baked" for several minutes out in the kitchen, yolks hard again, I didn't have the heart to complain.

Mind you the price for breakfast has now gone up again, and at nearly £9 isn't cheap anymore. The posters and menus say breakfast is "new and improved" - I've been happily coming here on a regular basis for some time, but I have to say I haven't seen any signs of change.

Will I be back? Of course! But will be wary of The Buffet from now on.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Staff friendly but food is what you would expect - pre prepped and not great. ok but for £1-£2 more you can eat so much better. Marstons or Kashmiri for me.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in here for a early evening meal and had a early evening meal. Place was quiet until they started serving the Italian all you can eat buffet then boom place was full. My meal was good and a reasonable price enjoyed the ambience.