“Excellent meal let down only by small detail”

The Sun at Flockton
Ranked #129 of 427 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had a very good meal with nice wine and pleasant service. I would have given 5 stars but for the small detail of the bread that came with the soup. It was perfectly edible but appeared to something like one of those French sticks you buy part baked. A nice wedge of fresh granary or something would have been perfect.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Happened on the Sun by accident, me and 2 young energetic boys. Staff didn't turn their noses up at us at all. Helped us get seated, and allowed us to go and play on climbing frame outside while waiting for food then came to call us when it was ready. I thought the 2 roast meals we had were delicious, I had Roast Beef, and the boys shared Roast Pork. A little pricier than I'd meant to spend, expecting normal pub fare - but reflected the quality really. Not just your usual. The garlic roast potatoes were particularly tasty. Thanks for welcoming us.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I visited last Sunday for Sunday Lunch. We hadn't booked , just turned up on the off-chance and we were made very welcome. We had a drink in the bar first, which is very cosy with an open fire and then went through to the restaurant. We both had starters, pate and brie followed by sea bass for me and roast pork for my husband. Mine was served with a creamy sauce with shrimp and we had a selection of potatoes and veg. The portions were generous and the meals were delicious! We also had deserts, cheesecake and apple pie, both of which were delicious too!
The staff were lovely, attentive and polite and the landlady seems very professional and capable. We had a lovely lunch in lovely surroundings and will definitely be back again soon!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Excellent food - we ordered three different main meals and were very pleased with the quality and the quantity was just right. The only criticism was the shortage of staff; in the bar, where we had to wait for glasses for our bottle of wine, and in the restaurant, where the waiter was the same person who'd served our drinks. It didn't spoil the evening though and, as the food and surroundings were good, we will certainly return.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

visited very early on a Friday night the bar area was very warm and inviting.Drinks were very reasonable price. asked for a menu and was very surprised at what was on offer not your normal pub grub something really different.the food was top quality and very large helpings.service was very good.landord and landlady great also a very good choice of music looking forward to our next visit

1  Thank jon2222_13