“Sunday Lunch”

The Sun at Flockton
Ranked #144 of 403 Restaurants in Wakefield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We had sunday lunch at sun inn. The food was really nice. Staff friendly. Good atmosphere. Overall really enjoyed it. It was quite expensive (£45 for 3 Sunday dinners and 3 drinks) but we enjoyed it so that didn't matter. The beer garden is really nice with good views and children's play area. Would definitely reccomend.

• Visited June 2014

“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went for a meal yesterday and the food was absolutely wonderful. We both had sea bass plus a greek salad. The kids had sausage and mash - plenty to go around - delicious. Bonus was been able to sit outside with the kids having a play area. Pubs should take note it's families that spend the money and it isn't difficult to organise. Only negative was one member of staff who needs some serious educating on how to serve but apart from (her) everything was lovely :-)

• Visited June 2014
“Evening A La Carte?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Called at this pub on our way home from a fab day at a spa, we were the first seated in the small restaurant, 4 of us, we ordered a starter for 2 of us ... soup .. which took 40 minutes to arrive. For our main meal, I ordered chicken goujons with cucumber salad .. the chicken 'fat goujons' were discusting I used 2 serviettes to try and soak up the grease that was on my plate but I failed, to add insult to injury the smell of old cooking oil was over powering, I ordered the chicken salad thinking it would be a healthy option how wrong can you be, and I struggled to find anything resembling cucumber in the salad!. My partner ordered gammon which came with onion rings and 'home made chips' and they were the same horrible brown greasy colour that my chicken was and again the smell of old cooking oil was sickening. The other 2 meals ordered were of poor quality and we were pleased to leave this ' pub/restaurant ' we were not asked if our meal was satisfactory for the main meal, I think the waitress knew and didn't want to ask as the restaurant (for want of a better word) was quite busy by this time, i didn't say anything to the waitress, as I really didn't get the opportunity but we wont be going back anyway and I wont be recommending this pub to anyone, It was horrible.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Lesley F
“Excellent meal let down only by small detail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had a very good meal with nice wine and pleasant service. I would have given 5 stars but for the small detail of the bread that came with the soup. It was perfectly edible but appeared to something like one of those French sticks you buy part baked. A nice wedge of fresh granary or something would have been perfect.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Made to feel welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Happened on the Sun by accident, me and 2 young energetic boys. Staff didn't turn their noses up at us at all. Helped us get seated, and allowed us to go and play on climbing frame outside while waiting for food then came to call us when it was ready. I thought the 2 roast meals we had were delicious, I had Roast Beef, and the boys shared Roast Pork. A little pricier than I'd meant to spend, expecting normal pub fare - but reflected the quality really. Not just your usual. The garlic roast potatoes were particularly tasty. Thanks for welcoming us.

• Visited February 2014