“Very comfortable nights stay.”

Premier Inn Wakefield Central Hotel
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed here for 1 night Saturday 11th August 2012. Asked for a quiet room due to a previous noisy experience.... The receptionist couldn't of done any better and gave us a lovely quiet room, thank you so much! Rooms are comfy, clean and adequately sized. Hair dryer, towels, soap and tea coffee facilities all in the room. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Alisonpauljake

Reviewed 13 August 2012

My wife & I spent a couple of nights here earlier this month. Set on the edge of a park this a lovely setting for a hotel. As usual, everything was clean and comfortable and the staff were friendly and helpful Can well recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DaveWBromborough
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Place in room 24 at the Premier Inn at Wakefield on 12/08/12. The Room well ; bed not made, cups not taken away, the bin overflowing and used towels in the bath . Plus the toilet seat full of wee (not pleasant to walk into) . You would think reception would know what rooms are clean and the one's that are not !!  So I walked down to reception she moved to me to another room this was an improvement CLEAN at least, but the plug in the hand basin had fallen off. Then at 10.10 this the morning I was fast asleep then a bang on the door, woke me up it was the cleaners trying to get into my room. I'm trying to sleep!! Check outs not until 12.00 !!! Really not impressed!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Leeds1993
Whitbread-77, laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Wakefield Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the quality of the food received.

We sincerely apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing.
Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review, we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I liked this premier inn, principally because it's situated in a woody park and adjoins an old mansion house (now a pub), so it feels a little like you're staying at a country hotel. It is not 'central' however, but about 15 minutes walk from the centre of Wakefield, along a busy road.

Everything was very clean. The receptionist was really cheery and friendly. I had a double room on the top floor, overlooking a woody bank. It was very calm and peaceful. Room was a decent enough size, the bed was firm but very comfy. TV didn't work (no reception), but I didn't need to watch it anyway. Bathroom looked a bit dated compared with the rest of the room (was it part of the previous hotel before premier inn took over?) but was very clean.

I had the continental breakfast, which is served in a side room of the main pub. Large selection of food, including croissants, good quality bread for toast, different juices and fruit, etc. Friendly staff. I was very impressed. I didn't see anyone having the full English so I can't comment on it, but I get the impression it would be made to order as the kitchen was working and there was no help-yourself-buffet.

Paid £59 for a double room and £5.95 for breakfast. If you book a few weeks in advance you can get a room for £29.

A lovely stay, and I would stay again next time I'm in Wakefield.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My room was on the small side in comparrison to most Premier Inns that I've stayed at. It was also very dark as it faced a wooded slope. I was woken up at 3 in the morning by two idiot couples who had just checked in and thought it appropriate to play loud music, slam doors and swear in the corridoors - the staff on duty were very appologetic about this and moved me to a different room, they also went and told the copules to be quiet which was good, but really, who checks in to a hotel at 3 in the morning??? On the whole, it is one of the Permier Inns that I'm least satisifed with (I choose to stay in them all the time) It is not bad, just very average (and very dark)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this.

Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I know people who leave bad reviews always start them with "I'm not fussy and don't normally leave reviews" well you guessed it to be honest I've only ever left one review ever and that was a positive one for a hotel in turkey.

Me and my girlfriend who are both 24 and love a good night out and party booked the CENTRAL premier in for the 30/6/12 witch cost me £56 on the non refundable rate as the Travelodge was fully booked I noticed when booking that the postcode is WF2 witch obviously is outside of the town centre and would involve taxis or walking, I phoned the premier in and spoke to a customer service advisor who assured me it was deffo in the town centre so on that note I went a head and booked online.

So we arrived at the premier about 6 on Saturday and on approach quickly realised we were a good 20 minute walk from the centre or a taxi ride. We Started to check in and the girl asked for payment I replied I have already paid she said we don't actually take payment till u arrive witch is very unprofessional in my opinion luckily I had my wallet but if on the odd chance you only brought your spending money you would be in a sticky situation so I paid the woman and went on upto the room when we opened the door the heat just hit us so went to turn the air con on but to find there wasn't any just a useless plug in fan that circulates warm air honestly it got that hot in the room from showering and using electrical equipment and just the fact it was a warm day anyway we had to get ready with the hotel room door wide open along with the window just to let some air through my shirt was literally stuck to my back and I'm a thin guy. Rather uncomfortable and were really happy to get out just to cool down.

Basically all I'm trying to say is for the price we paid £56 we could of stayed in a B&b for £30 and saved money not getting taxis and got a breaki included. I would suggest the Travelodge for location and air con. And if you book nice and early you always get a room for under £35. DISSAPOINTED

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Garyasht
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by our Customer Services Team and the Management Team at this hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We were met by a nice lady in the reception who was very welcoming. The room was fine with a good bed.
They had a restaurant and a bar at the same complex. Lots of parking spaces.
The breakfast was very nice - a good selection of warm food and cereal. Very reasonable priced.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family