Premier Inn Wakefield Central Hotel
York House Hotel(Wakefield)
CitiLodge Hotel(Wakefield)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsholmfield armsthe pubwooded areahepworth gallerytown centrebeautiful parknice settingcontinental breakfastusual premiercar parka ground floor roomattached restaurantstains on the carpetfamily roomdenby daleexcellent stayold building
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

We met with our son and daughter-in-law on New Year's Day ! The staff made us feel welcome and showed us quickly to the table. Service remained excellent throughout . We had a range if starters, mine being black pudding egg and bacon ! Beautiful . Steak ( juicy and thick ) salmon ( soft and succulent) hunters chicken ( something my son has been deprived while in tour in Afghanistan- tasty) Fishand chips( because first chance since starting life in Cyprus with my son) all fantastic ! Thank you very much x

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Really nice place to go for a meal as a family, a couple or with friends. Lovely setting, clean and tidy. Good service and friendly staff. Although a little disappointed this time as partner had lamb shank last time and it was beautiful but this time he said it was fatty. We will still go again though. Puddings are beautiful. Sticky toffee and date I could have eaten again...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Although it is a short taxi ride into Wakefield from the Premier Inn it was worth it. The hotel is friendly and comfortable in a nice quiet location, we will definitely stay there again if we can get a good deal again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Premier Inn wakefield is a nice hotel, set in a lovely place, tucked away by a park.
The hotel reception staff are professional, very polite and friendly, but the same can't be said for the cleaners, WELL MY cleaner!

I jumped in the shower on my first night to find the shower gel empty (I forgot mine otherwise I wouldnt of used it) - So I took it out of the case and managed to get just enough to wash that night.
I thought I would leave it out, on the side of the bath so the cleaner would see it and replace it....HOW wrong I was!
She/He simply left it where I put it.
They changed my towels, thank god...but left the empty shower gel bottle where it was and the toothpaste mark on the side of the sink that was there in the morning.
I dread to think what else WASN'T done!!!

Its a shame as the other staff were great in a hotel crying for a good refurb and phones in the room would be very 21st century!!

Room Tip: Eat at the Holmfield next door...lovely place, great staff and nice food.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Highfx
Reviewed 14 November 2013

It’s often difficult to write anything different about Premier Inns, because they all look and feel the same. This is obviously quite deliberate but does make for some boring Tripadvisor reviews! And mine will be dull as well! Just to say this hotel is great, clean and quiet. And only 50 quid or so to stay. Excellent.
As for the food, go to my review for the restaurant called "The Holmfield".

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business