“Really great mezze. For breakfast”
Review of Delphi Restaurant

Delphi Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 405 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are open 6pm to late on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays,
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Really great mezze. For breakfast”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a day off and decided to treat myself to breakfast out but I didn't want the full usual full english, instead I fancied some olives fresh bread and a little feta. I knew the Delphi was also a café so gave is a try. The breakfast menu was traditional english, however undetered I spoke to the the owner/chef who informed me that the traditional greek breakfast was strong coffee and cigarettes lol. The waitress pointed out though that they had started to do a mini mezze for lunch and would I like to try that. The chef agreed to make it for me and after a little while I was presented with this beautiful plate of food with fresh warm bread. Heaven. If you get chance try it. Highly recommended and a great change from bacon and eggs. It would also make a fantastic lunch..

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Paul C

• Polish first
Doncaster, England
“Lovely meze menu, friendly service, great price”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I ventured into Wakefield as something a little different for a Saturday evening. Although we were not that impressed by Wakefield itself, this little restaurant is a gem. No fuss, no frills but lovely authentic Greek meze where we got to try a bit of everything. The only downside is that although everything was well cooked, it would've been nice to have had the option to buy a full sized portion of the Stifado in particular, which was lovely.
The wine list is not extensive, however the restaurant do allow you try before you buy, offering little shot sized samples of various wines.
Overall, the bill came to £53 including a bottle of wine and the meze menu. Julie (the owner?) was very pleasant and chatty, even though the restaurant was busy. Good Customer Service goes a long way, every restaurant should note and follow this example.

Would we go again? Probably, yes.

• Visited August 2014
4 Thank Pink
London, United Kingdom
“Very good and authentic”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a lovely little place in the Centre of Wakefield. We were served by Julie who is absolutely wonderful and so patient with some fairly difficult members of our family! She let us try lots of the wines and was extremely pleasant. The food was very tasty and good value. The only thing is that the portion sizes were too generous but that might be just us, I imagine that won't be a problem for most people! Definitely recommend.

4 Thank Maya S
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“A number one hit for us”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Went here as a party of five on Saturday night for the Mezze menu and all five of us were really impressed. We will definitely be back.
Staff were polite and attentive - and went that extra mile really.
All the food tasted superb - we couldn't pick out what we liked the best because it was all so good.
The meat just melted in the mouth and the salad which came with the starter was so good we ordered more.
At £20 a person it was an absolute bargain and wine at £13.95 a bottle wasn't too overpriced either.
Can see why it's right up there in the rankings, and why it gets so busy. Should be top in our opinion. Can't wait for the next visit.

Pontefract, England, United Kingdom
“GREEK! GREEK! GREEK! I loved it.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Never really had Greek food before, but Delphi is an excellent show case. There are two menus to choose from, but the staff are really friendly and will help you. It a nice family, relaxed, calm and pleasant atmosphere. The staff were perfect, not in your face or buzzing around you, but there when you wanted them and always happy to help. The food was absolutely amazing, everything was perfectly cooked for me. The meat just fell apart when you touched it and it was so full of flavour. Nothing was too heavy and the rice/veg was equally as tasty. I will certainly be going back.

1 Thank Paulb01562