“Disappointing”

Price range: US$14 - US$34
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I don't like to be overly negative about new resturants. And I like to give them a chance but our meal last night was very poor. On entering the resturant the decor is rather tacky and slightly reminiscent of the late night curry house the venue used to be before. There was also a rather pungent smell as we led to our table. Our starters were tiny and very basic. The side salad consisted of a few pieces of iceberg lettuce and hald a cherry tomatoe. I my self ordered the buffalo wings which were very greasy and the bbq sauce poured all over them was clearly straight out of a bottle. The main course we all went for steak. Three of us ordered rump and one ordered sirloin. We were informed that they had run out of the sirloin, so we asked for rib eye instead. We asked for all four steaks to be cooked medium rare. When the steaks came out two of our party recieved rump but they were given two small steaks each. The other two recieved rib eye which to me was not even close to what I know as rib eye. Which was a little odd. But what annoyed me the most was the cooking of the steaks. Each steak was unevenly cooked. My steak persaonaly was half well done to rare. One of partys steaks was still mooing it was that rare. The sides for the steaks were cold tomatoes and greasy mushrooms. However the chips were nice. Im sorry but I must say that I would not recommend this resturant to anyone!!! It was terrible.

1  Thank imw87
There are newer reviews for Two Carter Street

Reviewed 10 May 2013

Purchased on Groupon as a deal
-cold; no heating
-dark depressing atmosphere, looks like a dingy night club
-mains (average steak swimming in excess oil, grease chips swimming in excess oil, mushrooms soggy swimming in excess oil)
-dessert (requested sticky toffee pudding received cheap microwaved treacle spoonge with lumpy/ off custard)- shocking!!!

The only positive was the polite, professional and attentive waiter who deserves a pay rise!!!

1  Thank kerry-nikk
Reviewed 10 May 2013

We went with a Groupon and had seen other reviews but tried to keep an open mind. Sadly it was not really very good. Starter was a garlic mushrooms but a few of them at the bottom of the dish with some singed ciabatta. We had steak and i asked for well done, it was burnt outside and raw in the centre, served with half a tomato and some mushrooms plus rubber chips. My partners medium steak was cold and burnt also. It's not fair to call it pub grub as most pubs I have eaten in can present food better than this. The coke was flat and all in all it was very poor. Simple things like how to make chips...timing the cooking on a lower heat for steaks, a bit of salad and some effort to present the food better. Heated plates..they all add up to make an enjoyable meal instead of this. Sorry but wont be back, in these days of austerity this kind of effort is not worth my hard earned cash...

1  Thank MrB1961
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We visited this restaurant on a weekday evening. We both ordered steak and they were served, cooked as ordered, and very good. Sadly the restaurant was not busy. so lacked atmosphere. However, the owner and staff did everything possible to ensure that we enjoyed our visit. the menu was interesting ad the food and wine was very good. Will definitely return,

Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

Tried our first groupon experience here and my god how I will never again. Alright for the money all you can expect is for cheap food which suits some but not for us. I think groupon deals are probably to get customers in and repeat visit but when all that is served looks like supermarket cafe fayre then no repeat visit surely. Shut, clean, have a think then start again.