“Beautiful spring Sunday and attractions shut”

Hemsworth Water Park and Playworld
Ranked #15 of 43 things to do in Wakefield
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful spring Sunday and attractions shut”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

No playground travelled for. When it is open the train hardly runs. No pedelos. No ice cream van. Shadow of its former self from the 80s and 90s. Long way to drive for a tiny playground in the end.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Nobby_Robinson

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty on a nice day”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I took my little boy yesterday who is 20 months old and he loved it, he loved playing in the sand area and going on the zip wire with mummy and going on the big slide but other than that there was not a lot else. We went on the train £1 per person and he went on the bouncy castle also £1. We didn't pay for him into play area as he is under 2 but it is £2.50 per child over 2. The cafe was clean and facilities were also. The food was fresh, no complains and thereIs a little playgym inside the cafe which is also charged at £1 per child.
Overall we had a nice 3 hours there but was helped by the weather being nice. It wasn't too busy either so that helped too.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tylersmummy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I went here quite a bit as a child.
I have to say on my recent visit, I was very disappointed. The lake was very dirty & littered. Kids could swim in there when I was younger, I wouldn't let a dog swim in it now! The park was the exactly the same! Definitely needs a revamp! The cafe food was tasteless & the cafe was dirty!
Overall disappointed on the day, as my kids didn't get the lovely experience that I had as a child in this park.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gemoni
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Okay”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

It is okay for a local couple of hours out but isn't majorly exciting.. The car park can be expensive depending on what time of year you go there is a cafe with a children's play area that is reasonably priced and the views are pretty nice

Visited October 2012
wakefield
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Give it a go.”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I used to come to this park when I was a child,so brought my grandchildren one hot sunny day in August. It still has a good relaxing feel about it. Its a good way for everyone to get some exercise and fresh air. £2 for the car park is the expected fee I would expect. My grand children enjoyed the sand and water and feeding the ducks.Great place to have a picnic and chill out. Some parts of the park are unchanged from my many visits in the 60s,
Nostalgic trip down memory lane for me,and a very enjoyable day out for my grandchildren.
Will be back .