“Perfect cafe with a fresh vibe!”

Create Cafe Wakefield
Ranked #52 of 423 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Visited this cafe for the first time today. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and the menu choices were fantastic! I opted for a fish finger sandwich with chunky chips and I have to say, it was the nicest fish finger sandwich I've had! Also had a lovely cappuccino. My husband had a pastrami and rocket sandwich meal deal. Great value for money, great variety and lovely, bright and fresh atmosphere. Will definitely be revisiting!

1  Thank Nikki J

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Call here on a monthly basis, take the grandson to see the museum exhibits, especially the stuffed crocodile.
The staff are excellent and the service brilliant.
I have commented to the kitchen staff and the servers on more than one occasion about the tasty food.
Love going in the summer when the glass doors are all open and the hot weather floods the cafe.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they will accommodate my fussy grandsons palette, thats a plus in my book.

1  Thank cypeman
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It isn't easy to get a breakfast comprising good quality sausage and bacon. Create is an exception as it provides just that. Two eggs, butchers sausages and bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans and toast for £5. I Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast, the ambience, the not for profit ethos and the delicious bag of mini Parkin and brownies we took away for later. I'll be back!

1  Thank BalooFlanshaw
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Create Cafe is a great addition to the Wakefield One building. A trip to the library and r museum has to be followed by a coffee break at Create. Warm welcome, friendly and helpful staff and great cakes. I recommend the mini selection - that way you get a taste of three!

1  Thank CheshireTravelgirl
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Although we had been to Create before, we had never had the "meal deal" which costs £4.50. Yesterday, we decided to try the meal deal, but we weren't expecting anything outstanding for £4.50. We were wrong.

We were asked to choose from a selection of sandwiches - we went for egg mayo and salad. It was delicious, and we both commented that the bread was "real" bread with a crust - like bread used to be! It was really well seasoned and was simply perfect.

I chose an indulgent flapjack and my partner chose the Bakewell slice. We agreed that both were delicious.

I had a pot of tea and my partner had a coffee. Again, really good.

We couldn't get over the fact that for £4.50 we were given such high quality food. We thought there would be an alternative range of cakes, buns and sandwiches, all cheap and of low quality. But we were wrong.

Not only was the food great but the welcome was really warm too. We were served by someone who was either American or Canadian. He was such a friendly guy, and when we said what cakes we wanted he said "I'll get you the biggest ones!" He never heard my mind saying "Thank you, thank you!" Although we didn't need any help with our order, a young woman with two kids came in shortly afterwards, and the guy serving invited her to sit down and he brought the menu to her and took her order at the table. I suppose he didn't have to, but he was so helpful, and presumably made her visit to the cafe that much easier.

So, if you're looking for tasty food in a bright and funky cafe in a central location, I urge you to head to Create.

2  Thank Colin O