“lovely surprize”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Like many others we used the group on deal. Great value.

As many have said from the outside you heart kind of sinks as it does not have curb appeal. But as soon as you are inside you feel more comfortable.

The waitress was waiting, knew our names and the table was already set up with thai crackers yummy...

Menu looks great - i could of got numerous starters. IN the end i order the tempura prawns and my boyfriend the salt and pepper ribs - unfortuntly they had run out of the S&P ribs so he had the spare ribs instead. Both starters were awesome. Often it says king prawns on the menu and i get a little bit larger prawns.. but these were monsters!

For main i had roast duck and my boyfriend had prawn red curry, we also shared a pad thai.. all meals were fab - red hot & tasty. We cleared our plates and left with a feeling of a good feed but not mega stuffed - just nice.

We had a bottle of white wine and spent just a extra £15 in total on top of the vouncher.

Would i have gone here without the groupon - never but now with have been through the door we would go back for sure. The normal prices are very reasonable.

A excellent mid week treat.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Went here as we couldn’t be bothered cooking one night.
Found it via Tastecard ... so wanted to give it a try.

Bit hard to find, but went upstairs and it was simple but nicelly decorated.
We were the only ones there on a Tuesday, but another couple came in... So service / seating wasn’t a problem.

Chose some classics … Sate, Spring Rolls, Pad Thai, Garlic Beef, Coconut rise...
LOVELLY!
All really tasty, ate every bite …

Same, if not better quality of some larger resturant in bigger towns ... seemed home made and felt like someone really cared about what they made.

Would i go back .. yes
Will i go back .. yes
would i reccomend it ... yes!

1  Thank Russell H
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love Thai food and I am pleased to say this is probably the best Thai in Wakefield! The menu is extensive, probably suitable for all tastes. The restaurant is bright and clean, quite small but cosy. We sat by the window to people watch on a bright sunny evening! I can't fault the service, friendly and very efficient! Highly recommended! Thankyou Supetta, Moolc and Harry. ( Hope I have spelt your names correctly) We shall return.........:)

1  Thank WestYorkshireFlossy
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Tried this place with a groupon, was pleasantly surprised. Quite tricky to find and park, and we live in Wakefield, but we did it in the end. Not a pleasant entrance up a bit of a scruffy staircase, but staff very friendly and efficient, very quick service too as it was quite full. Had the mixed platter starter between us, we did have to pay on top of the groupon for this of course, then had the hot green thai chicken curry and a cashew, ginger chicken stirfry with jasmine rice and salt and pepper chips - all beautifully presented and so tasty. We may try a takeaway sometime as I think they deliver. Wish it was in Northgate so we could park more easily, but will go back I should think as the food is so good. Would recommend you try this place.

1  Thank 33Lyn
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The restaurant is above a take away shop & I wasn't expecting a great place to dine. Looks can be deceiving, the food was very nice & the staff are very friendly. The Thai salad "Som Tum" is my favourite, it's the real thing very hot & spicy. Has to the best Som Tum I had in the UK. Definitely will go back & would recommended to all Thai food lovers.

1  Thank Suzy J