CitiLodge Hotel
  • Free Internet
US$85
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
All reviewssecure parkingfridge and microwavetown centrewetherspoons pubjust round the cornerrooms are cleanenjoyed my staygreat budget hotelcentral locationbudget hotelsfree wifibasic hotelvisiting wakefieldfantastic staytea coffeecomfy bedan upgrade
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just returned from the Citilodge in Wakefield spending 2 nights whilst attending a show at The Snooty Fox (what a great venue), we travel all over the UK and most of the time stay in budget hotels, this one is by far the best we have stayed in for a long time. From the moment we arrived the reception staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us, the room was clean, warm, the bed was comfortable with great pillows (important to me) and a snuggly duvet. Breakfast was basic fare but it is nice to have a cooked meal to start the day and did the job for us (special mention to the nice lady who cooked us more bacon specially, now that is service!).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, and will be back in the future for any events I attend in Wakefield.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Time for some mother and daughter time in the city of Wakefield. Short walk to trinity walk shopping centre, with girly shops and places to dine.

Hotel was clean and well presented, good parking, room clean and presentable

Intend to return

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2014

An appalling experience - I was woken many times during the night by (drunk?) businessmen getting in after 1am ... one seemed to have lost his keys so the hotel staff came up to join in the party outside my bedroom door to sort him out. Really appalling. There seems to be no soundproofing at all - the drunk next door might as well have been sharing my room (yuck). Also, it's in a pretty unpleasant area of town. On checking out, I complained about the frequent disturbances and the hotel staff said that these men had turned up at 1 am and the only rooms were next to mine. If you are a business traveller, definitely avoid this place - it might be ok if you are just in town to get drunk and rowdy. As a professional woman on my own, I thought it was utterly dreadful. No refund either! Ugh.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank ptskipton
Richard W, General Manager at CitiLodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear ptskipton

I am sorry to hear that your stay with Citilodge Hotel was not a great experience for yourself.
Myself and the hotel team strive at all times to make every guests stay is as enjoyable as possible.
I am deeply sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet yours and our expectations that we strive to achieve here at Citilodge hotel.
Please can I ask you to contact myself on 01924 200930 so I can help rectify the bad experience that you encountered at our hotel and to personally apologize for the negative experience.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After staying here before when it was Travelodge the rooms aren't that much different but they are making changes to the front of house & it's looking very nice.
Greeted at reception & straight away they couldn't do enough to help. Top marks for a no frills stay but the staff did what they could to make it feel like a high end hotel. Will be staying again & I am interested to see breakfast next time.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Secondbigtoe
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Recently visited the hotel and found it a pleasant experience.The staff on reception was very polite and helpful.

There is currently no food being served on site at the moment but that is in hand I was told however there is plenty of places to eat around within walking distance.

It is going through a current refurb but the rooms they have done recently are to a good standard and the price is very good beats everyone else in the area certainly would stay again

Room Tip: ask for the refurb rooms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business