“Does what it says on the tin”
Review of CitiLodge Hotel

CitiLodge Hotel
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Wakefield
Beverley
“Does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

It's a City, budget hotel. And that's what it does, it's not the Ritz of the Hilton, but if you want a budget option for a city stay over it's as good as any rooms are standard fair, clean, although carpet was well 'used'. Would use again if I was paying another flying visit to Wakefield

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard W, Front Office Manager at CitiLodge Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I came to see family and friends for a few days. I was trying to ask the lady on reception several questions and she didn't even acknowledge me she gave me a card for my room I at to ask what room it was she never stated. I was wanting breakfast but this never got offered so weatherspoons had my business I think this receptionist in question (tall young blonde haired lady) needs to learn that it's us customers that keep her in a job customer training needed in this hotel
Very unhappy customer will not be planning a return visit.

Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Warrachunky1

Travellers are raving about these Wakefield hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have just returned from the Citilodge in Wakefield spending 2 nights whilst attending a show at The Snooty Fox (what a great venue), we travel all over the UK and most of the time stay in budget hotels, this one is by far the best we have stayed in for a long time. From the moment we arrived the reception staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us, the room was clean, warm, the bed was comfortable with great pillows (important to me) and a snuggly duvet. Breakfast was basic fare but it is nice to have a cooked meal to start the day and did the job for us (special mention to the nice lady who cooked us more bacon specially, now that is service!).

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody, and will be back in the future for any events I attend in Wakefield.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim B
Denbighshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Time for some mother and daughter time in the city of Wakefield. Short walk to trinity walk shopping centre, with girly shops and places to dine.

Hotel was clean and well presented, good parking, room clean and presentable

Intend to return

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
skipton
Reviewed 20 March 2014

An appalling experience - I was woken many times during the night by (drunk?) businessmen getting in after 1am ... one seemed to have lost his keys so the hotel staff came up to join in the party outside my bedroom door to sort him out. Really appalling. There seems to be no soundproofing at all - the drunk next door might as well have been sharing my room (yuck). Also, it's in a pretty unpleasant area of town. On checking out, I complained about the frequent disturbances and the hotel staff said that these men had turned up at 1 am and the only rooms were next to mine. If you are a business traveller, definitely avoid this place - it might be ok if you are just in town to get drunk and rowdy. As a professional woman on my own, I thought it was utterly dreadful. No refund either! Ugh.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank ptskipton
Richard W, General Manager at CitiLodge Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear ptskipton

I am sorry to hear that your stay with Citilodge Hotel was not a great experience for yourself.
Myself and the hotel team strive at all times to make every guests stay is as enjoyable as possible.
I am deeply sorry to hear that on this occasion we failed to meet yours and our expectations that we strive to achieve here at Citilodge hotel.
Please can I ask you to contact myself on 01924 200930 so I can help rectify the bad experience that you encountered at our hotel and to personally apologize for the negative experience.
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

After staying here before when it was Travelodge the rooms aren't that much different but they are making changes to the front of house & it's looking very nice.
Greeted at reception & straight away they couldn't do enough to help. Top marks for a no frills stay but the staff did what they could to make it feel like a high end hotel. Will be staying again & I am interested to see breakfast next time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Secondbigtoe
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Recently visited the hotel and found it a pleasant experience.The staff on reception was very polite and helpful.

There is currently no food being served on site at the moment but that is in hand I was told however there is plenty of places to eat around within walking distance.

It is going through a current refurb but the rooms they have done recently are to a good standard and the price is very good beats everyone else in the area certainly would stay again

Room Tip: ask for the refurb rooms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business