“More than a cow shed”

Ranked #3 of 409 Restaurants in Wakefield
Price range: US$25 - US$65
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Cow Shed focuses on serving local seasonal produce, cooked with a modern English style – presented to you in our cosey and intimate dining room by a professional team of attentive waiting staff, and accompanied by a wide selection of wines.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“More than a cow shed”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The ambience. The food is mouth watering and presented beautifully

Visited May 2012
1 Thank aliceboardman

• Polish first
“Reliable but nothing more”
Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

Food is good (though the crab salad was disappointing), service fine, but for me there is just something missing, been many times and I still can't quiet put me finger on it. Worth a visit but.......

4 Thank Sdbsjb
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Excellent Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Booked a table at The Cow Shed based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. Despite arriving late for our booking the welcome and service was excellent. There were 5 of us eating and all the starters, mains and desserts were top quality - I was very impressed far better than I expected from a small restaurant in Wakefield.

Even though they were closing after our meal we were not rushed at all and made to feel very welcome.

If you are passing through definitely worth a visit - book if you can as it does seem to be very popular.

1 Thank Debbie R
Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Nice Steak”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Restaurant very quirky, loved the name. I was fascinated by the adaptation of this lovely listed building.

A warm welcome greeted us & we were seated promptly. We had been advised to try the steak, so we both ordered a rump with accompanying sauces, & an appropriate bottle of red. Steak was excellent, as were the little onion rings.

The restaurant is obviously a popular venue with local people and quickly filled up around us. This made for a friendly, informal atmosphere.

My only one slight criticism was that nobody asked if we would like desserts or coffee despite us sitting for 20 mins finishing our bottle of wine. I did comment on this when paying the bill, where the manager suggested this may have been to give us time between courses. 20 minutes felt excessive to me, but maybe this is the norm, it certainly would not prevent me from returning if I was in the area again.

Leeds
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I can't think of a better way to spend my evening, than tucking into a Cow Shed fillet steak. Every time I go to a restaurant, I try to order something different than the previous occasion, but I can only comment on the fillet here as it is always perfection on a plate! So why have anything else?

Quite simply, if your a fan of steak, and want a quiet cosy meal with your partner or friends, there is nowhere better than this place. The service was excellent as well!

It's not cheap, but you pay for quality, and the only negative from my point of view is there is no draught lager. There is an early bird menu for before 7pm, which looked quite nice.

2 Thank PennysMakePounds