“Good Taste, in food and surroundings, and excellent service”
Review of The Willow Tree

The Willow Tree
Ranked #4 of 268 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$39 - US$46
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We visited early on a Saturday evening, were greeted warmly and quickly seated. The staff were very attentive, and we tested the menu fairly extensively between the 3 of us. The menu wasn't long, but had a good range of choice, and complementary starters and mains. Even requesting changes to the offered dishes was accepted readily. Our Choices arrived quickly, were very well presented, and were a sensible size portion.
Wine list also had good choices, the Merlot (Australian) was easy to drink. And for dessert, I would recommend the berries in champagne jelly with pavlova icecream!
Thank you TripAdvisor for pointing us at this gem, other's won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Some years since we last came here - why have we waited so long? A birthday meal this time on Saturday evening but honestly no excuse should be needed!
A relaxed evening with wonderful food. Soufflé, perfectly cooked brill and the amazing chocolate, orange, egg for me. Seranno and manchego starter, lamb and creme brulée for my wife. The right-sized portions so we ended replete but not stuffed.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I visited the willow tree with my husband on a Friday night. on arrival our coats were taken and we were given the opportunity to have a drink and a few nibbles prior to be shown to our table. the staff were very attentive and dealt with any requests promptly. the lay out of the restaurant is perfect with a lovely romantic feel. we both had the same things through out our meal and the food was outstanding... to start we had duck and pistachio terrine, guinea fowl for our main and the most amazing pudding that baffled us a little until the waiter explained how it was done - a chocolate, egg and almond soldiers. Both me and my husband would recommend all without a question of doubt. We have a glass of wine which was also gorgeous. At no point did we feel rushed or invaded. This is by far the best restaurant in Taunton and I will be recommending to every single person I know!!!!! Thank you Rita and all you staff for a fantastic evening and we will definitely be returning for more of the best!!!!!

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined at the Willow Tree for his birthday. I had been wanting to have a meal there for a while after hearing so many good things. It didn't disappoint and certainly lived up to my expectations! The staff are helpful, polite and friendly and the food is wonderful! We shall be returning.
I recommend the cheese board for dessert

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went to the Willowtree on a Wednesday and it was our first visit to the restaurant. We do not live locally, so we booked a table via email and were pleased with the friendly and professional response. The restaurant is set in a secluded location and it is a perfect spot for a romantic meal. The restaurant itself is fairly small, but in my opinion this adds to the attraction. We were warmly welcomed by staff who were both professional and friendly and the waiters were excellent and were not pushy in anyway. The main highlight of the evening was the excellent food. I have visited and spent many nights in different towns for work reasons and can honestly say that I have never eaten a better three course meal (my wife agrees). I had the curry butternut squash soup, Guinea Fowl and Chocolate Orange and it was absolutely superb. I very rarely write a review, but felt that I had to leave this feedback.