“Book early and don't miss the desserts”
Review of The Willow Tree

The Willow Tree
Ranked #4 of 269 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$39 - US$45
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This small restaurant in the centre of Taunton is very highly recommended. The size of the place makes reservations essential, but it's worth the wait. The service was attentive and helpful, without being over-bearing or intrusive. The riverside location and ambiance give the restaurant character, and the cooking puts it at the top of the local list. The cheese soufflé was as light and as imaginable, and the turbot cooked to perfection. The delight, however, was the dessert, and that comes from someone who usually avoids dessert on grounds of calorific intake. Both of us saw our desserts as the high point, so don't miss them.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

An excellent ambience, wonderful food and a professional service which made the whole evening a delight.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I had been wanting to go to the Willow Tree for years but had never got round to it and was absolutely delighted when I went last week. The food was delicious, great range of top quality dishes; the service was top class, nothing was too much trouble; and the atmosphere was lovely. I had a great birthday meal with my partner and look forward to going again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

All I can say is an absolutely amazing place- the perfect place to celebrate any event or to just have a quiet meal for two. From the initial booking email through to the minute we left, everything was handled with such perfection and excellence with all the extra special little touches thrown in to make it one of the best restaurant experience we have ever had.
I love the place and will be returning very soon - and telling all my friends.
Our wedding anniversary was made even more special when the waitresses came out with two beautifully decorated dessert plates with candles and a chocolate Happy Anniversary written on each plate. A very simple touch that made our celebration feel so special. Thank you .
Nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were professional and very pleasant and helpful. The food was delicious especially the lavender panacotta. Mmmm..... and the whole meal was really not that expensive for the quality and standard being delivered.
Thank you once again for really caring about your customers. You deserve to be full every night - but not too full so I can't make another reservation!!!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Booked this restaurant for my partners birthday and we both was very pleased with the overall restaurant. Food was amazing, service couldn't be better and it was very romantic and great atmosphere. Can't wait to experience it all over again.