“Lovely pub”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This is the closest pub to my house, we have only ever had one disappointing visit and have visited as a couple, with friends and with family many times before. The food is very tasty for the money and it's a beautiful pub. The service is ok, it could be better which is why I have left a star off, it's a little touch and go depending on who is serving and what day.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised how sophisticated the menu was. We chose a steak dish and a sea bass dish. Both were superb with the spicing just right. At £30 for 2 courses with a bottle of wine for Valentines day was fantastic. Highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Took my husband here for lunch today having been recently with work colleagues.

We both ordered burgers, they were delicious! Food was quick well cooked and hot.

Hubby who is quite hard to impress was happy and we will definitely be visiting here again

Reviewed 9 October 2013

My partner and I only live down the road from the Master Thatcher so we go here quite often. Its nice to have a dog friendly pub on your door step so we can enjoy a nice pub snack and a drink on a Friday or a Saturday night with our dog there (and not stuck in front of the TV at home!).

I like it in here. The staff are really friendly and welcoming, particularly the young lad that works there, he is so helpful !!!

I recently arranged an 18th birthday meal here for 22 people. I am amazed at how well the staff coped. I made sure I dropped a pre order in before lunch time the same day and as promised it was served on time and all at once. The food was lovely and most of us really enjoyed the meal (bar one couple but you cant please everyone!).

They allowed us to decorate the table before the meal (as it was a surprise) and when we went in to do this, the lad (as mentioned above) was really helpflul and let us get on with things but not without offering his help if we needed it.

All round lovely place to go, food is lovely, staff are helpful, comfortable and welcoming family atmosphere, with live bands and kareoke sometimes at the weekend. It offers that night out feel without being too rowdy, too in your face and having to experience the nightlife in Taunton.

Always a winner for us and thank you to the Master Thatcher for all their help on Saturday.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Had a good meal at the Master Thatcher last night. The menu is varied with a number of choices, I had the jugged steak which was delicious. Also eaten was the pork dish and the ham, eggs and chips, followed by brownie sundaes and the waffle pudding. All were excellent. We were served by a very helpful lady who told us that all the dishes were prepared in the kitchen by the chef. Well worth a visit.