“Recommended”

Tramontes
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant several times and is the best Italian in Taunton.
Excellent food, very friendly staff and reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Tramontes

Reviewed 11 January 2014

From start to finish very disappointing . My daughter and son in law arrived first , gave the group name and was told " the table down the far end " . Myself and the rest of our party arrived 2 minutes later . There was no good evening , may I take your coat or any form of eye contact !! . Our food order was taken 25 minutes after our arrival and we were told he would come back for our drinks order . After a long ten minutes I called over the waitress and asked if she could take our order of drinks . Food arrived ... Had to ask for 3 more sets of cutlery as the first set was taken away with the starter plates . Floppy, soggy bruschetta , local super market garlic bread . Pre made Calzone ( you could tell as the outside was doughy and the inside was welded to the base ) no freshness going on there . Had to ask for a steak knife as there was no way my dinner knife was going through it . There was no atmosphere no customer service which is very unusual for an Italian Restaurant . Sorry for this review but I was so looking forward to my so called Italian .

1  Thank tripfantastic_11
Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

Pizza's were great, the man who served us was friendly and charming. Lovely wine and decor .....the homemade tiramisu was best i have ever tasted and me and my group really enjoyed it the restaurant ia intimate and i love the oldskl decor very Italian. The people who have put the negative comments clearly went on a bad night because my family go weekly and have for years and we think its brilliant!

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This is our third visit here. We use it for a stop off as it is very close to the M5. Arrabiata is excellent and the owner is friendly. We will definitely use it again.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We visited this place as we couldn't get booked into the beefeater, the restaurant was empty so was able to choose our table as we had a 12 week old baby with us, and didn't want to disturb other diners, 4 ladies who left pretty much as we sat down, was asked to move table as manager said table wasn't set up, we asked the waitress why it was so quiet for a Friday night ,she said oh I don't know, then said why isn't there Any music, she said the licensee is too expensive and owner won't buy it, ordered our food and bottle if wine, WELL the food was so basic I could have cooked it myself ,nothin else to say but poor, only good thing that was good was our bottle of wine, which you can't go wrong at , the worst £73 pounds I have ever spent, angry and gutted, should have waited at the beefeater