My wife and I have stayed several times at the beautiful Farthings, a truly delightful and well-run small hotel in the charming village of Hatch Beauchamp.
My wife chose it as the perfect setting for a surprise party weekend for my 60th Birthday, with many friends and relatives joining us from near and far afield. I thought we were to have just another pleasant short stay - but was greeted by the owner and staff and introduced to a dozen of my friends assembled, without my knowing, to wish me Happy Birthday! And then joined the next day by a couple of dozen more friends and family for a stylish dinner and fun party! It was amazing, made all the more memorable and enjoyable by the warmth, generosity and terrific organisation of the event by John and Kevin and their great team!
It is a rare place, offering great hospitality, a superb menu and wine list. I cannot recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset