This is my second visit to this hotel the first was last year after visiting 'River Cottage HQ' only 20 mins away the rooms are large, clean and simply stunning with fantastic views of the local country side and the hotel grounds. The staff are friendly and nothing was to much trouble and the owner was a delight to talk too he had a real passion for the hotel and great knowledge of the wines. We did not eat the first visit but promised we would be back after seeing the menu and hearing about the home reared pigs and sheep along with fresh eggs from there many chickens, ducks and geese they had free range on the grounds. This visit was even better the staff were again fantastic and the new chef that has now started has the same passion for the business and food that the owner has. They now have an orchard and fresh herb garden and Turkeys coming soon to rear for Chrismas. I would suggest anyone that stay to try the home cured Gravalax top with poached goose egg and lemon mayo its perfect!! Well done to all there we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset