I recently had to take my son back to University in Exeter and stopped on the way to have lunch and chose the Farthings for its proximity to the M5 and relaxing surroundings.
I was delighted to be welcomed by the owner who proceeded to advise me personally on the choice of wine to go with my main course.
The starter was almost too perfect to describe. The main was a succulent roast chicken - simple perhaps - but the best I have ever tasted served with new potatoes and a Greek-style salad flavoured with home-grown Mediterranean herbs. The English wine was the perfect accompaniment and all in all was a magnificent way to take a break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset