My wife and I attended a wedding in Tavistock on Saturday 4th May. We were facing a 4 hour drive from Berkshire so decided to travel on the 3rd and stop over en route. Margo was on the computer and choose "Farthings" for our overnight stop. We were delighted to find the experience memorable, comfortable room overlooking village green. Beautifully kept property, inside and out, interesting and helpful staff. We were so impressed that we choose to eat in the restuarant, it turned into a totally superb meal - excellant wine and despite not having a sweet tooth, I ate my sweet with relish. Breakfast was also superb. Much of the evening meal and breakfast was home produce, when you visit allow time to tour the garden and see the hens etc etc. We will go again with no qualms whatsoever. A real and genuine experience and superb value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset