Just back from a night at this hotel with my mum, a birthday surprise. We had a very friendly welcome on arrival and felt relaxed and at home straight away. Elegant but really comfortable hotel. Log fire with comfy armchairs just perfect for sitting with a pot of coffee and some magazines.The twin room was fine, tea and coffee making facilities with a fridge on the landing with fresh milk which makes a nice change from the usual, awful long life stuff. Also bottles of water were provided. Very quiet at night, the room was quite warm so we had to sleep with the windows open but it wasnt a problem. The staff are really friendly without being intrusive. We were meeting family in the village pub so didn't eat evening meal at the hotel but I would imagine it would be very nice. A great place for getting away from busy lives as all you can do is relax and go for walks etc. There are no shops or cafés that we found but an adequate pub with a limited menu, again very friendly. All in all a very pleasant stay. Give it a go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset