Like many other reviewers we stayed on a DB&B voucher and extended the stay to two nights.
Hatch Beauchamp is a pleasant village, with just the hotel and a pub for entertainment, plus some pleasant walks.
We were warmly greeted and show to a superior room on the front with a small balcony. (Very handy for watching the cricket on the village pitch just over the road). The room was very comfortable with just about all you need. Comfy bed, tea and coffee making, with fresh milk available in the fridge just down the corridor as well as complimentary bottled water. Etc.etc.
Dinner was very good with the three bird roast well worth a mention. Breakfast did not disappoint, all local produce, freshly cooked and very tasty.
The bar was small but had a reasonable range of drinks and was comfortable.
The gardens are a delight, at the front a real country style garden with tables and chairs and at the back views of the livestock, chickens, ducks, geese and some pigs. Again tables and chairs made this a pleasant place to sit.
All in all a good experience and on a voucher it was excellent value for money.
I would stay here again if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Country House Hotel. The building dates from 1762 and carries many of it's original fetures. Delightful, individually decorated rooms, lovely restaurant offering the best of locally sourced & seasonal produce, log fires by winter and lovely gardens by summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Farthings Country House Hotel and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Farthings Country Hotel
- Farthings Country Taunton
- Farthings Country House Hotel And Restaurant Taunton, Somerset