All reviews bay room spiral staircase hotel dogs maple cottage duck egg hatch beauchamp cosy bar quiet village fresh milk black pudding continental breakfast log fire home grown small hotel upgraded room this lovely hotel course dinner
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Stayed in the Farthings for 4 incredible nights. The cuisine is of a high order, the accommodation is slightly dated but in keeping with the setting. Staff were exemplary in their attention to detail.
Very well done

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We enjoyed a one night stay here en route to Cornwall. Lovely, quaint and typically British hotel. We were very impressed with the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. There was also a good wine list.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

My wife and I went to see some nearby friends, who found this Hotel for us, on the base that we would have dinner together. What came as a real surpise was the size and beauty of our bedroom, with antique furniture and paintings, plus a gorgeous view of a garden. And the dinner was really excellent! As promised by them, in the morning we watched out of the window to see, with the rising sun, a family of peacocks strolling by.

Room Tip: Ask for the BAY room
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay for 1 night on route to Cornwall
Very warm welcome on arriving and taken to very comfortable room
Accommodation was for myself and my wife plus our little dog
Very quant hotel and bar, dog friendly and very relaxing
Dinner in bar both myself and my wife agreed best dinner we’ve had in years
I had the liver and my wife had the trout.
We will definitely use this hotel again as a great stop off on route to Cornwall

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Maybe it was me but we had the Garden Room, which was large and LO vely but every 15 seconds the kitchen staff would bang through loud doors that made our floor jump. When I invited the manager up to explain the disturbance, she acted like she didn’t feel or hear it. When our friend, a man, was bumped up from the sofa due to a bang and boom, I turned to her and she said perhaps it was the kitchen, “which is right below you.” I received the cold shoulder until I checked out. The garden is pretty and my flat iron steak dinner was delicious. If the internet was stronger I could have attached a photo.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends