The Corner House Hotel
US$57
Travelodge
US$91
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
US$93
PremierInn.com
All reviewscompact roomsausagemini bartown centrefresh milk in the fridgepleasant hotelno liftpleasant staybusy roadfull englishmain roadevening mealan overnight staystayed for one nighthairdryercharactercornwall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for one night for DBB. The room was spacious but smelt musty and lacked fresh air. Basic furnishings and fittings made it a very basic standard. A large and comfortable bed at least should have helped me to sleep.....!. However noise from guests on the floor above and people coming and going was hugely annoying and seemed to go on forever. Very thin walls.
The three course dinner was a big disappointment as the quality of food was very poor. Surprisingly breakfast was good.
A dated and less than comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear RhodesWhite,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for bringing this to our attention.

It is clear that you did not have our usual guest experience and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly by email manager@corner-house.co.uk as I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Unfortunately not a great visit for me. I was working in the area the next morning and chose to stay over rather than drive the next morning. This was a mistake. I would have much rather have slept home, woken up at 4:30am, and driven to Taunton, as I didn't get more than 45 minutes sleep in this hotel. The room was by far the hottest hotel room I have ever stayed in, and I am a frequent hotel guest for work as well as pleasure. The room was located in a position so that the window opened up to a roof area which was closed off on all sides by the hotel itself and this made the air flow absent completely. The room across from this window also had the light on the entire night (it didn't appear to be another hotel room as no one was actually in this room, so why the light was on all night is beyond me and seemingly a careless oversight by the hotel). So, in order to not suffocate from the heat I had to open the window and curtains in the hopes the smallest amount of air would flow through, only to be awake all night from the BLARING light streaming in from the window across from mine. This was the worst hotel sleep I have ever had. Saying I slept 45 minutes is even exaggerating a bit!

Now, I give it 2 stars rather than 1 only because the food was decent, the gentleman behind the bar was friendly, and it was cheap. Also the location is good for someone like me working at the hospital. That being said, I definitely wouldn't stay here again regardless of those points.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Megan C,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed the night here in one of their small doubles and everything was great, apart from the room being over warm. Great dinner and breakfast - we only paid £70 DBB for two, although did book quite far in advance. Excellent value and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JoBoyle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Corner House Hotel, Taunton.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to take advantage of one of our special offers.

We have passed your kind comments around the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here for one night on a visit to see family. The hotel was very reasonably priced, the bedroom large and the included breakfast very good. We arrived at lunchtime, but check in was at 3pm I believe, told we could book in early but would be charged £10 - we declined and left our luggage in the disabled toilet. Maybe the check in time could be reassessed who wants to arrive after 3pm especially if only staying for one or two nights. We had a drink in the bar which was rather expensive, however the meal in the restaurant at night was very good indeed.
If I was in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear HazelH72,

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us especially the dining experience.

We have passed your kind comments around the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the corner house hotel over bank holiday there was a great deal of confusion over the price we were offered , it took a good hour to sort out before we were charged what we were offered Our room was a for disabled guest as all that was available , very basic and being ground level looked out onto the main rd therefore without net curtains or blinds we had to keep the curtains closed at all times . Also the shower classed as a wet room . Was certainly that!! after showering the floor was completely flooded and we had to wade through the water to get to the toilet and handbasin , not a hotel that I would recommend or use again

• Stayed: May 2014