“VIP stay”

The Corner House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a really enjoyable experience at the corner house. Lovely large modern room and bathroom. Manager and staff very attentive and friendly. Food excellent and would certainly eat in the restaurant if visiting Taunton- breakfast was excellent. Very central location for the town centre.

Room Tip: Ask for the new modern double room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Janet J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Corner House Hotel, Taunton.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed your kind comments around the team.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room was really big but basic, but what do you expect for £50.00 P/N. The bar was really nice, overall a good experience. If staying for one or two nights this hotel is only 5 minute walk from the town centre.

Dear Joe R,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked this hotel 10 days before our arrival. However we had just arrived in Taunton 2 hours before we were due to book in and received a phone call to inform us that due to technical issues (which we still don't know what they were) that our booking had been cancelled. An alternative hotel had been booked. So we actually stayed at the salisbury house hotel which was very nice. I am disappointed at the very short notice given considering we had booked it in advance and not just the night before,and it did spoil our weekend away for a few hours. So thank you salisbury house for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Have no idea on what the rooms are like as we never got to see one
Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Diane S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for bringing this to our attention.

It is clear that you did not have our usual guest experience and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly by email manager@corner-house.co.uk as I would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed at the Corner House a number of times over the years and have also held business meetings there.The staff are always friendly and the food is excellent. Be warned though if you want to stay here during the summer months. This Grade II-listed building does not have air conditioning (reasonable enough) but the hotel doesn't even have enough fans for all the guests who require them. I asked for one at the desk before dinner only to be told by the receptionist as I was about to turn in that he didn't have any left and that there was nothing he could do. So it was that on the hottest night of the year so far I found myself walking to a nearby 24 hour Tesco at 11 o'clock at night to buy my own fan so that I could enjoy a decent night's sleep. The £15 and hour's assembly this cost me was particularly difficult to swallow after I'd spent several hundred pounds holding a function there. If you're going to charge £110.00 a night for a room in Taunton a fan should be included in the price I think.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Rick N
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Rick N,

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly by email manager@corner-house.co.uk as I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel many times. Realy enjoy the frood and the breakfast is always good. Stayed in every type of room. All have toileties, Iron, ironing board, tea and coffee, fridge, bottled water.
Towels and bedding always spotless. All the staff are very nice.
The only negative is not the fault of the hotel, but it is located on a busy road and if you are a light sleeper you will hear traffic noise from most rooms. I find the really good wine from the restaurant helps me sleep though.

Room Tip: All rooms have the same facilitites and quality, you are just paying for a larger room size.
1  Thank Andy M

Dear AndyDevon5,

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and have passed your kind comments around the team especially Leah (Head Chef)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a large family room and it was very shabby and smelt strange, I would not stay here again, the staff are all very nice and welcoming and breakfast was very nice and it was in a good location for the wedding we were attending.

• Stayed: June 2014
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Becksking14,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is why we stayed at this hotel. To attend a concert at the Cricket ground so the location was ideal.
The hotel itself - the car parking was good, at the rear. The reception area, bar, dining room all very nice. The wine and sausage restaurant superb. Great sausages complete with champ delicious. Very varied breakfast menu and superb also.
The hotel staff from the receptionist to the 2 lads in the bar and the three young ladies at breakfast, very smart in appearance and very polite.
Our room I believe was in the annexe part facing the street to be fair it was perfectly clean, but very small.
Would like to have seen or even been in a bigger room, however. We were there to see a concert so did not need to spend much time in the room
Would definitely use this hotel again

Room Tip: Ask when booking not in annexe
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Rose and Craig R,

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the Rod Stewart Concert and have passed your kind comments around the team.